Chapter 1 ~ That Irish Dork

This is my first chapter (omg you don't say) so yeah, hope you guys enjoy and if you have any suggestions please comment or send me a message xx

Jen's P.O.V.

Season two of Once Upon a Time was approaching fast.

Adam and Eddie had informed me that a new character, Captain Hook, was being introduced to the show. Of course, as any normal person would, I imagined an older man with a droopy black moustache, giant hat, all that kinda jazz.

But the man who greeted me on the day of the screening tests was quite the opposite.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," he said, with a strong Irish accent. "I'm Colin O'Donoghue."

"Um, hey" I stuttered. "I'm Jennifer."

His blue eyes smiled at me. "Of course. The famous Jennifer Morrison."

I blushed. Of course he knows who you are. Don't be an idiot.

We talked for a bit, and we started to know each other a little better. Colin had an interesting sense of humour, but he also had a strange sort of charm.

Adam and Eddie left us with scripts, and went to watch our performance.

But when Colin started reading out loud, I did a double take. His British accent was almost perfect, and the transformation from Irish dork into British pirate was incredible.

"Killian Jones, but most people have taken to call me by my more colorful moniker... Hook." He smirked, seeing my reaction.

His smile was adorable. It was one of those smiles that made you want to smile too.

We got along extremely well, and I could tell that Adam and Eddie had picked the perfect Hook.

After the screening test, Colin approached me.

"I think that went great." he smiled.

"You literally changed into a different person!" I laughed. "You were incredible!"

He laughed as well. His accent was strangely likeable. "You wanna grab coffee?" He asked.

"One thing you'll soon learn about me..." I grinned. "Is that I can't say no to coffee!"

We walked down the road together to a little coffee shop on the corner.

After ordering, we sat down at a table in the corner.

"So, what's your life like away from all this?" He asked. His irresistible smile returned.

"Kinda boring to tell you the truth. I have a younger sister, Julia, and a younger brother, Daniel. What about you?"

"Back in Ireland I live with my wife and our son. He's only three months old, so coming here was a big thing. But I'm going back again tomorrow. Then back here for filming in two months!" He laughed.

For some reason, when he told me that he had a wife and son, I felt something in my stomach. I wasn't sure quite what, but I didn't like it.

We drank our coffee and walked back to the studio. Adam and Eddie wanted to check on a few things with us before we left.

"See you in two months, Swan." He smiled as he walked away.

After we parted, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I had only known him a day. There was no way I could have feelings for him. Perhaps I just hadn't had a good friendship in a long time.

Before we had left, we had exchanged numbers. And while I was waiting to board my flight, my phone buzzed.

Missing you already Swan.

I replied,

Captain Hook, what would your wife say?!

To that, I got the reply;

I am the great Captain Hook. No one can tell me whom I can text.

I laughed. I could tell that this season was going to be a lot of fun.

***

The next couple of months passed in a blur. I spent most of my time with my family.

We were given a draft script for the first day of filming. It wasn't perfect, but it gave us an idea of what we would be doing, and what was happening with our characters.

I was excited to be back on set. The cast had become like a family, even though we had only been together for one series.

The day arrived for me to fly to Vancouver. The first day of filming was tomorrow. My flight went smoothly, and I arrived at my hotel at around 1 pm. There was a meeting with Adam, Eddie and the rest of the cast in the evening, but I had plenty of time to unpack and settle down.

I was at the registration desk, checking into my room, when a voice from behind made me jump.

"Well if it isn't my favourite Swan."

I turned around. "Colin!" I smiled.

There was a different feeling in my stomach this time. He is just a friend, I reminded myself. I'm just glad to see him.

Right so I know this chapter isn't very long but I need your opinion. Would you rather have shorter chapters more often, or longer chapters less often?

Hope you enjoy it so far!

A xx