Chapter 12 ~ Moving on

I actually have writers block right now and yeah it sucks. So I have no idea what to write. I have an idea how this chapter is gunna end so PLEASE IN ADVANCE DON'T KILL ME but I don't know how to get there, so I apologise for this (probably) awful chapter. Xx

Colin's P.O.V.

I stood by her side during the funeral. I was there for her. Her brother really seemed like a great guy. I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him.

I felt so sorry for the rest of her family. I imagined what it would feel like to loose Evan. I couldn't bear it.

There was food and drink after. Jen introduced me to her family.

"Mom, Dad, Julia, ..." of course she paused. One less name than there should have been. I squeezed her waist gently, trying to comfort her. She continued, "This is my boyfriend, Colin."

Her boyfriend.

I felt warm inside when she said that.

I introduced myself to her family. And they seemed to really like me. Of course, I tried to make a good impression. But I no longer had to worry about her family thinking I wasn't good enough. Because I would stay by her side forever.

I was never going to let her down.

She accepted the reality of it extremely well. Her brother's death.

She was so strong. And I admired her for that. 

If it were me in her place, I don't know what I would do. But I wouldn't cope as well as she did.

Jen, the independent and desicive woman she is, made up her mind that she would go back to work after two weeks. 

Adam and Eddie, after finding out what had happened, offered her as much time off as she needed. 

But she still came back after two weeks. My fighter. 

She was so bloody strong.

***

Jen's P.O.V.

Shutting out all emotion was the easy way to deal with it. 

I could move on and never have to think about the pain.

Never have to remind myself of the sadness.

Bottle it all up and feel fine. 

But I didn't.

Because that wasn't the right way to deal with it.

Of course I mourned. Everyone would. But I accepted it. My brother was dead. But I knew that he wouldn't have wanted me moping around like a hopeless wreck.

I could almost hear him telling me to go out there, and be me. Enjoy my life while I still could. 

So that's exactly what I did. I went back to acting. 

They all knew.

About my brother.

About Colin and I.

They were all so supportive 

And of course the press knew too. I was wary about social media. I didn't want to see any horrible comments about Colin and I. I didn't know if I could bear seeing them. Especially after...

But one day I was sitting by the side of the set, Colin beside me, and I decided to look. I couldn't keep away for any longer. 

And there was nothing but happiness. Some of the tweets brought tears to my eyes they were so supportive.