Chapter 8 ~ Secrets

Jeez guys I'm spoiling you: 3 chapters in one day! I don't know what's happening! I just couldn't stop writing! This was gunna be in the last chapter but I decided to give it its own chapter because you know why not? Xx

Colin's P.O.V.

An hour later, we found ourselves seated in a quiet cafe, drinking soup.

Then my phone started to ring. It was Helen.

I sighed. "I really have to take this."

I stood up and walked outside. "Hello?"

"Hey, Colin. We really need to talk."

"Helen-"

"You have done nothing wrong. I promise. But I don't think we should be together anymore. For Evan, for me, for you. I just watched your interview with Jen."

"If you think I'm cheating on you then-" I was cut off.

"No. I don't think that. But I can tell you really like her. Please, don't argue. I don't want Evan to grow up with parents who fight. I want his parents to be happy, even if it means they aren't together. I want both of us to be happy."

"Helen. I'm sorry." I didn't know what else to say.

"Don't be. Love can't be helped. I saw the way you looked at each other. You don't even know it. Go. Be happy. I can arrange divorce papers. When you come back we can sort things out."

"Are you sure? Helen I will stay with you if it's what you want. You are one of my closest friends. I just... don't love you. I'm sorry."

"No. Go. Please. Do you think I could talk to Jennifer quickly?"

"Uhhh, sure." I replied, still in shock.

I went back into the cafe and handed Jen the phone. "She wants you."

I saw a look of confusion on her face before she took the phone and walked outside. I sat down and put my head in my hands.

I was happy I guess. But I didn't know what to think.

***

Jen's P.O.V.

"Hello?"

"Hey, you must be Jennifer. It's nice to finally get to talk to you. I'm Helen."

"Hi, it's nice to meet you too." I replied, confused.

"Colin and I are getting a divorce." She said.

"What?!"

She was so straightforward about it. So calm. She wasn't upset or angry. But Colin didn't seem upset either.

"Why!?" I asked.

"The last couple of months... we haven't been getting along. There is no connection anymore. And when I saw your interview, well. I could see that Colin had found a new connection. And it wasn't me. I didn't want Evan to grow up with parents who fought. I would rather he had happy parents, even if they were with different people. I want to be your friend, Jennifer."

I was stunned. I didn't know what to say.

"You're saying he has feelings for me?!" I ask.

"I'm sure of it. I could see the way he looked at you. And if I'm not mistaken, you have pretty strong feelings in return."

"But Helen-"

"Go enjoy yourself. He is practically single again. He's a good man, Jen."

And with that, she ended the call.