Chapter 1

My parents wanted me to go to med school because I'm passionate about helping others.

My aunt and uncle wanted me to go to law school because I put up a fight until I get what I want.

My grandparents wanted me to become anything I wanted to be because they believed in me. I listened to my grandparents and that's what led me to meeting my five new best friends. 

I met Amy and Kathryn at a local Ikea and later found out they moved in right next to me. We hung out for a solid 3 months before they decided to introduce me to Ethan, Mark and Tyler. 

That has led me to this exact moment, thinking about how I got so lucky meeting such great people at 12:43am on a Friday night. 

I'm just a normal girl from Wisconsin that ended up going down the wrong path in high school. I soon realized I was, indeed, going down the wrong path and I changed. That led me to a college somewhere in Los Angeles, California and guess where that led me? To this exact moment, where I'm overthinking things at a time where I should be asleep because my mind hates me. 

I don't deserve them. They're all individually amazing friends and I'm so grateful to have them by my side, supporting me through it all. 

Ethan:
are you still awake? 

Elena:
yes.

Ethan:
can't sleep?

Elena:
yeah :(((

Ethan:
me too.

Elena:
i just want to sleep but i cant

Ethan:
ft me and we can talk until you fall asleep

Elena:
dont you need sleep? like, you have vidcon

Ethan:
you need it more than i do

facetime started at 1:04am

facetime ended at 2:51am

Ethan:
i didnt get to tell you goodnight, so goodnight, i love you best friend