Chapter 8

When I was 12, Justin Bieber released his first EP.

When I was 14, One Direction released their first song.

Those 6 people had a huge impact on my life.

I was 14 when I met Jace. He came in the middle of the freshman year so, he attracted a lot of attention. Every girl I knew, wanted to sleep with him. Needless to say, he was hot.

"Aren't you in my 1st, 3rd and 7th period?" The new guy asked.

"Yeah. My names Elena, by the way." I held out my hand.

"Jace." He smiled as he accepted the handshake. (A/N: is that how you say it? idk)

"So how are you liking Badger High so far?" I asked as we took a seat.

"Good since I'm talking to you." Jace winks.

I bite my lip without knowing it.

"Did you just bite your lip?" Jace laughs.

"Yeah, I must've I guess." I look the other way.

Jace puts his hand on my thigh, "There's nothing to be embarrassed about, Elena." He came closer and whispered in my ear, "It was hot."

"Oh was it?" I smirk.

Before he could even reply, Mrs. Kobalt entered the room.

I couldn't stop looking at Jace throughout the whole lesson. He's honestly that hot. I mean, any blue eyed, blonde haired guy with a jawline that could cut through anything would be hot. Plus, Jace looks ripped as fuck.

Though Jace seems like bad news. He seems like a "bad boy" but, I could be wrong.

"Take a picture it'll last longer, princess." Jace whispers.

I roll my eyes, "I wasn't even looking at you."

"Yeah, right." He rolls his eyes and laughs.

I shake my head.

When class ended, Jace followed me to my locker.

"What do you want, Jace." I laugh.

"Your number." He replies.

I was taken back at first but I ended up giving him my number.

We parted ways and soon after, I got a text from Jace.

I cringe at my first memory of Jace. He turned me into something I promised my mother I would not become.

At first, I didn't understand why he would start talking to me. I thought maybe it was just because of how many classes we had together or maybe he did find me attractive. He started talking to me because he knew I was different from every other girl.

Jace and I fell in love, and we were happily dating for a while. Then, Jace started getting distant after his grandfather died 8 months after we became official.

He started smoking weed and then went to alcohol, also. Of course, I did whatever Jace did. During these times, he and I would get high and drunk as fuck. I wouldn't come home for days at a time because I would be too busy smoking weed and sleeping with Jace.

In the middle of my sophomore year, I noticed what I was morphing into when I started listening to Justin Bieber and One Direction again.

That's when I broke up with Jace. I promised my mom I wouldn't become a druggie. My mom's best friend, Natalie, did the same stuff I was doing. Natalie soon went to hardcore drugs when weed wasn't doing anything for her anymore. Fortunately, she went to rehab and got better.

When I broke up with Jace, he didn't show up at school anymore. He started using more hardcore drugs.

I don't know if he's dead or not.

Though I hope he went to rehab. Jace was my first love and I'll always care for him.

My number is still the same so, Jace can call me at anytime. I hope he does, eventually.

Essentially, One Direction and Justin Bieber helped me get better. They made me realize I was going down the wrong path.

I soon grew out of Justin Bieber but oddly enough, I never grew out of my One Direction phase. When Zayn left, I cried but I cried for weeks after they broke up. Even though I was 19 when they broke up, I was still super sad.

But all I can take out of this is nothing truly lasts forever.

Even things that I think won't happen, happens.

---

idk what this chapter has to do with anything but now you guys know why Ethan is always worried when he leaves Elena for so long.

and you guys know what happened in her past now!

-cass