Chapter 20

Elena:
AMY

Amy:
yes babes

Elena:
ethan kissed me

Amy:
HE DID?!?!?!??!??!

Elena:
lol yea. funny story actually.

Amy:
do indeed tell

Elena:
so we were talking around in the park right, and i was telling him how if i didnt go to school in L.A then i would be going to school in Chicago. he was saying how hes happy i picked L.A bc our friendship means the world to him and how im the best thing that has happened to him since he moved to L.A. then i kinda blurted out that i was in love with him by accident since i didnt know what else to say. i started apologizing and he was like don't apologize bc i can do this now. AND HE KISSED ME.

Amy:
awww thats cute :))

Elena:
ik!!! but i gtg, ethans coming back from taking pictures of the bean. i decided to sit down after i took a couple of pics since i've seen it before so the charm is kinda wearing off lol

Amy:
ok!! have fun!!

Elena:
will do!

I watched Ethan as he walked back over to me. After Ethan kissed me, we just started walking towards the Bean like it never happened. I still have butterflies from the kiss. It was everything I ever imagined. Well, I didn't really imagine kissing Ethan that much but I've read fanfiction so, that's kinda self explanatory. 

"Where to next, El?" Ethan asks as he takes a seat next to me.

"Food?" I suggest.

Ethan nods. "Where?"

I take a moment to think. "Well there's a Panera and Starbucks right across the street or we can take a taxi somewhere else. Your pick." 

"Panera sounds fine." Ethan smiles.

"I'm paying." I tell Ethan as we start walking towards Panera.

"Bet." Ethan laughs.

"Bet." I laugh as well.

Ethan shakes his head. "I'm the man so I think I should pay."

"Just let me pay, Ethan. You paid for the taxi." I whine. 

"Fine but I'm buying you something later." 

"Fine." 

We were soon at Panera, eating our delicious food. 

Ethan was lucky enough to find a booth next to a plug-in so we could charge our phones a bit.

"So I'm thinking about leaving the day after Josh's birthday." I tell Ethan.

"That's fine. I recorded enough videos to last me until Monday." 

I shrug. "Its whatever you want to do, really. I just need to get back to L.A and find a job pretty quick here. I'm tired of having my grandparents paying for everything for me." 

"Well we can look online tonight." Ethan suggests.

I smile. "Okay."

Ethan stays quiet for a couple of minutes before he speaks up. "Hey El?"

"Yeah Ethan?" I look up at him.

"Would you like to help me edit some of my videos as well? I know you're really good at editing and you get it done pretty quick."

"Sure." I smile at Ethan. "No need to pay me, though."

Ethan nods. 

We leave Panera a couple minutes later, starting our journey down Michigan lane. 

Ethan and I go into multiple stores along the way and we buy some stuff, too. We even bought some stuff for Amy, Tyler, Mark and Kathryn. I just had to buy Josh, Maddie and Mikey each something as well. 

I'm not even kidding you when I say we went into almost every store, because we sure as hell did. Well, the stores that looked interesting to either of us. Like, I dragged Ethan into Sephora and Lush, which he wasn't too happy about but he dealt. 

Just as Ethan had said, he did buy me something. Actually, a lot of things. He bought me a couple of shirts and one dress from Forever21 in the Water Tower Place.

Right now, we're on our third attempt of finding a Water Taxi.

"They moved it around last time I was here." I groaned.

"Clearly.' Ethan chuckles.

"Lets hope its here." I say as we get closer to the entrance. 

"We're already missing the 5:35 train. We really don't need to miss the 6:35 train, too."

"That would not be good."

Ethan agrees.

Thankfully a couple minutes later, we found ourselves in line for the Water Taxi. 

Ethan and I were lucky enough to get a seat on the outside, in the way back.

"Ready?" I ask Ethan.

He nods. "I'm so ready." 

I couldn't remember the last time I've been on a boat. I'm pretty sure it was the last time I came to Chicago which was a while ago.

---

"I can't believe I was stupid enough not to get off by the Opera house." I groan as Ethan and I board the 8:35 train.

"It's okay, Elena. We'll be home in an hour." 

"But I wanted to be home sooner." I whine.

"Its okay. At least we're getting home." Ethan gives me a reassuring smile.

God damn, I'm so in love with this boy. 

---

my favorite wattpad author ended up updating towards the end and it kinda put me out of the mood of writing but i pushed myself so i apologize if it sucks. 

-cass