Chapter 18

Today is Ethan and I's day trip to Chicago and I couldn't be more excited.

I haven't been to Chicago in years. Last time I went was about three years ago and it was for a concert. 

Ethan and I decided on going up to the Skydeck in Willis Tower, Millennial Park and walking all of Michigan Avenue. Then with whatever time we have left to catch the next train, we can take a Water Taxi back to Union Station.

"Ready?" I turn and look at Ethan. He's wearing a pair of khaki jeans with his blue baseball style t-shirt with the pocket. (A/N: y'all better know what shirt i'm talking about)

Ethan smiles when he looks over at me. "You look nice today." He compliments. 

I smile, feeling my face heat up. "You don't look to bad yourself" All I'm wearing is a floral romper with a pair of converse. Even though it's cute, Ethan still looks better than me. He always does.

"Ready?" I ask once again. 

"Oh. Yeah. I am." Ethan says, grabbing a couple things and following me out to the car. 

"The train ride is almost two hours long, just a warning." 

He shrugs. "It'll be worth it."

I nod. 

Ethan and I talk about random things before turning on the radio. We sing along with the radio for the rest of the ride to the train station, which wasn't long. 

"I haven't been on a train is so long." Ethan tells me after taking a seat next to me at the train station. 

"Same." I reply, pulling out my phone. 

We soon pile onto the train, which was a couple minutes late. 

Ethan and I picked a seat in the back of the train car. We each had our own two person seat but, we sat facing each other. (A/N: thats the best i can explain it. im sorta going off on what my recent trip to chicago was like)

"Are we going to eat when we get to Chicago?" Ethan asks a little while into our journey on the train. 

I nod. "We can get something at Union Station or we can just go eat at a restaurant or something."

"What do they have at Union Station?" 

"They have a McDonalds, a sandwich shop and a couple other small places that I can't remember. They might be closed though considering how early it is."

Ethan shrugs. "I suppose we can just have McDonalds." 

"You sure? We can find another place to eat around Union Station." 

Ethan shakes his head. "It's fine, El." 

The rest of the train ride was quiet. Ethan and I only had small conversations here and there but other than that, we did our own thing. 

The moment the train stopped in Union Station, Ethan and I were off of the train and making our way to McDonalds. 

Ethan seemed really happy to be in Chicago. I mean, it was really obvious that he was happy to be there considering how big the smile was on his face.

He lets out a breath. "I can't wait to get out onto the street." 

I agree. 

We hurry out of the train station after we both finish eating our food. 

Ethan gasps. "It's so pretty!"

"Just wait until you get up into Willis Tower." I giggle. 

---

i've decided to end this chapter here. part two of the trip will be uploaded whenever. 

-cass