(Chapter 5) New Friend

I walked to the exit of Diagon Ally which was a brick wall, a middle-aged woman was tapping the wall with her wand. Soon the bricks then formed into an arch was, she went through the arch way and opened a door that was labeled 'The Leaky Cauldron' and went in. Before the brick walls could close I slipped in, and opened the door to go in.

Almost in an instant I spotted mum and dad, they were chatting with a woman who looked familiar. I realized that it was Miss Scott, a teacher at my primary school.

I approached them with a small smile, Miss Scott introduced me to her daughter, Hazel Scott. We exchanged a couple of words before Hazel had to leave, but we gave each other our addresses so we can send owl to each other.

"See you on the train Lucinda, don't forget to write too me during the remaining time of summer," Hazel said, and I nodded in response.

"Lucinda dear, I didn't know your teacher was a witch, why didn't you tell us?" Mum asked as I sat down in a chair.

"Believe me mum, I didn't know either." I took a sip of tea from my mums cup. "So, I heard of a new pet." 

Mum shook her head me, smiling, and opened her purse. She took out an owl cage, it was not empty however, but a ginger feathered owl was perched on its stand.

"What's it's name," I questioned, pulling the cage towards me and looking at the owl. 

"It's name is Ginger, it's a boy." dad told me.

I liked the name because it really fitted the owl, it's feather color was ginger after all. After we had lunch in the pub, we went home.