(Chapter 19) Flourish And Blotts

I sat at the dining table, sipping a cup of tea while reading the newest issue of the Witch Weekly magazines. "Gilderoy Lockhart has won once again," I said flatly, mum looked up from reading the muggle newspapers. "Which award?" she asked.

"Most Charming Smile, he has won five times already." I replied, taking a bite of toast. "All his books and skills are clearly fake," dad stated, taking a sip of coffee. We all nodded in agreement. "I just hope he doesn't turn up at Hogwarts, and become one of our teachers."

"He probably couldn't even teach a thing," mum laughed, "He probably couldn't even duel a first year." dad chimed in. I looked at the window, in the distance I saw Ginger flying towards the house, "That must be Ginger with the post," I said.

They both turned to the window, and indeed Ginger owl is carrying a letter. Dad quickly opened the window, Ginger flew in and crashed into my bowl of corn flakes. He jumped up, fluttering his wings in the process.

I sighed, "He really needs to learn on his landing."

Mum picked up Ginger, "He's got your Hogwarts letter, and the Daily Prophet," she untied the paper and letter. I grabbed the letter from her hands, "Thank you." I quickly opened it, and glanced at the supply list. My jaw dropped, "You've got to be kidding, we need all of Lockhart's books!"

SECOND-YEAR STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE :

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2   by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee  by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls  by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags  by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls  by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires  by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves  by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti  by Gilderoy Lockhart

Mum and Dad both burst out laughing, "I bet that it's a witch," mum laughed. "I bet it's that wizard himself." I muttered. "Well, you want to head to Diagon Ally today?" asked dad, who was now reading the Daily Prophet. I nodded excitedly, mum smiled and planted a kiss on my cheek, "After breakfast you can go get dressed, and we'll go by floo powder."

"Thanks mum, and dad," I grinned, taking another sip of tea.

~~~~~~

I fastened on a cloak, which had the Slytherin crest on it. I walked down the stairs, and towards the fireplace. Mum and dad was waiting there with proud smiles, "Would you like to go first Lucinda?"

"How about you guys go first," I repiled, "Well alright then, remember, if you do get lost then meet us at Flourish and Blotts" said mum, who was stepping into the fireplace. Then followed by dad.

After they both disappeared, I grabbed a handful of floo powder, and stepped into the fireplace. I took a deep breath, but accidently inhaled some of the ashes. "Diagon-ey Ally!"  I sneezed, the bright green fire engulfed me.Soon I slipped out of a fire place, and face planted onto the ground, "Ouch, oww..." I groaned, I stood up and dusted off some ashes covering my cloak, I didn't bother fixing my messed up hair.

I was inside a strange shop, I looked at the front desk, which was empty. I looked around the shop, it seemed like a shop that sold potion ingredients, on the walls it showed the name of the shop; Mr Mulpepper's Apothecary.