(Chapter 10) Flying Lessons

Hazel and I both woke up at the same time, and immediately yawned and started to stretch, from the corner of my eye I saw Pansy and Millicent entering the dorm room holding two trays of breakfast for me and Hazel, "Finally you guys woke up, you have no how worried me and Millicent were last night. Now have some breakfast you two," Pansy said softly. Me and Hazel sat up and starting yawning again, "We wont ask about what you were doing last night, but please next time give us a heads up when your going wondering around the castle." Millicent asked looking slightly concerned.

"Thanks for worrying about us, but you really don't have too," Hazel yawned and bit into a piece of toast that she was buttering, "Thank you for the food, Pans, Milly." I thanked and ate some scrambled eggs. They looked at each other and nodded, "Okay, enjoy the weekend, and stay safe. Me and Milly will be gone for the day, remember do not cause trouble unless if it's for pranking." Pansy smiled. Hazel and I nodded and continued to eat our food while Pansy and Millicent left the dorms, "On the outside their really prissy brats, but on the inside their some of the nicest people you can ever met," Hazel sighed. "True, and they are also very caring, it's nice to have people like Pansy and Millicent." I added, Hazel nodded in agreement and started sipping a cup of pumpkin juice.

An hour later me and Hazel walked out of the dorm room dressed in normal clothes since today was Saturday. I was wearing another dress with my black flats, and of course my necklace.

We walked into the common room and saw a notice posted on the board, "Great, next Thursday is flying lesson with Gryffindor, I'm going to embarrass myself," Hazel groaned, I patted her on the back. "Don't worry, I'm sure were not the only people that haven't rode on a broom yet." I said Hazel, hoping to make her feel better.

We sat on the couch and started reading our text books on Herbology, there was a while of peaceful silence, but then Malfoy busted in the common room, boasting about flying lessons and how we was a natural on a broom. "When I was a young lad, I already memorized all the rules for Quidditch. Not to mention that I also memorized all 700 different fouls" Malfoy boasted, making a small crowd gather around him. Girls gushed and sigh over him, while the guys looked envious and impressed, but me and Hazel rolled out eyes and kept on reading. "I have many Nimbus 2000's but this old school doesn't allow first years to bring a broom, I would've let you guys have a try" Malfoy swayed to the girls, who all drooled over him.

After a while he notice that only me and Hazel wasn't impressed or envious about what he said, he walked over to us with his two body guards and began to brag again. "Hey, I have over 17 Nimbus 2000's at home, and I would have made the Quidditch team if they didn't have the first years rule," Malfoy leaned towards Hazel and I, I rolled my eyes and slammed my text book shut, "Look Malfoy, I could care less about the things you say and boast about." I huffed. "Why don't you go show off somewhere else, show off your skills on the pitch and not in the common room, if your really that good, but I bet that you don't even have the guts to trespass onto the Quidditch pitch." Hazel sneered and closed her book, Malfoy scrunched up his face and walked away with his two body guards who were trying not to laugh. 

I high-fived Hazel and we reopened our books, we then started doing our potions essay and started studying for out history of magic's quiz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday soon approached, at three-thirty that afternoon the Slytherin's and Gryffindor's made their way to a flat lawn on the opposite side of the grounds to the forbidden forest, the trees swayed lightly in the distance. It was a nice and breezy day of flying lessons, it was also a perfect day to enter the forest.

There was brooms lying in two neat lines, we each stood by a broom and waited for Madam Hooch to arrive. After about a couple minutes a woman with short gray hair, and yellow hawk like eyes arrived. I nudged Hazel and pointed to the woman, she looked forward and stood like a solider. "Well, what are you waiting for?" she barked, "Stick out your right hand over your broom, and say up." called Madam Hooch from the front.