(Chapter 28) Look Alike Diaries

The ride on the Hogwarts Express with Hazel was rather normal, as I would like to call it, we sat alone in a compartment along with Ginger, who was nibbling on a treat that Hazel had generously given to him because he wouldn't stop hooting.

"So," Hazel started, trying not to laugh. "I like your dress, and shoes, and hair."

I sighed loudly in response. When my mum had heard that I would be wearing pink, she had made me wear pink lace-trimmed socks, a pink dress, black flats that I had gotten for Christmas, and a pink hairband.

"Erm, so," Hazel trailed on. "What's our next project?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Project?"

She gave me a flat look, "Yeah, project, you know- for your workshop. What are we making next? Any recipes in your mother's diary?"

"Oh," I said weakly. "About that- I didn't bring it with me home for Christmas, so I'm not sure what's next."

"Really?" Hazel looked at me with a flat look, I rolled my eyes at her, "Yeah, really," I said, giving her the same look. Seconds later we both broke into a grin, not being able to stare at each other for that long.

"Okay- enough," I laughed, reaching into my bag I pulled out the diary. "I was kidding- I did bring it home, and I would like to make more ink bombs, I need it for the next Quidditch game. It's Slytherin versus Ravenclaw."

"But the match is in February!"

"I know,"

"Fine, what is the recipe, I've never seen it,"

I handed Hazel the diary, as she read through the recipe I pulled out a book from my bag. "What you reading?" said Hazel, looking up from the diary she eyed the book. I shrugged, "Dad recommended this b-" before I could finish, the compartment door opened to reveal Emila Odessa.

"Odessa," I greeted coolly, quietly setting my book aside. "Need anything?"

She nodded, "Sorry to bother," she said apologetically, my eyes widen in shock because of her attitude and how soft and caring her voice was, it was not the same bratty voice like last years'. "I just need Hazel for a moment, is that okay with you, Lucinda?"

I nodded in response, too shocked to say a word.

"Perfect!" She chirped, clapping her hands together. "I like the outfit, you look extra cute in pink!"

"Bye Luci," Hazel waved to me before she disappeared out of the compartment, smiling down at me.

"What the rubbish was that?" I muttered quietly, resting my head in my hands. "Was she just nice? I must be high on sugar from the lollipops and apple juice from an hour ago..." I slowly rotated my head to look at Ginger with wide eyes, making him cower away from me.

"Am I really that scary when I'm shocked?" I asked, looking at Ginger sincerely, he hooted loudly and nodded in response. "Merlin's beard! You're kidding right?" I fumed, Ginger turned around, avoiding my judgmental gaze.

"Tch," I muttered, frowning at the owl I gave his cage a slap, making him jump.

The compartment door opened a few minutes later to reveal Hazel with a brown bag, she smelled strangely like apples. "Hey," she greeted with a smile, she sat back down across from me and began speaking. "Look, I know what you're going to ask. And yes, Emi and I are friends, and she's changed over the summer, she's nice now-"

"But how?" I cut in, frowning at her. "For all we know she could just be pretending- and how did I, Lucinda Sparks, not notice?"

"Because you've never bothered speaking to her," Hazel deadpanned, rolling her eyes. "And during the beginning of the year didn't you notice how no ones complaining about being teased by her?"