(Chapter 29) Valentines Day

Valentine's day, the one day of the year when it's the perfect time to send gifts to friends, family members, lovers, or even to yourself if you're really that lonely. It's also the perfect time of the year to tell someone that you fancy them, not easy or hard at all since the mood is already set.

And just when the holiday is about to go perfectly normal, Lockhart had to make it extra special.

Hazel and I sat next to each other at breakfast, hoping that we'd walked into the wrong room because of all the decorations. The walls were covered with large, lurid pink flowers. Heart shaped confetti was falling from the pale blue ceiling. "Never in my life had I been surround with this much pink," I muttered, slightly disgusted of what the Great Hall has become.

"So," Hazel said in a teasing voice, her eyes trailing to the parcel and package in front of me. "Have any admirers, or do you fancy anyone? And look at all the gifts you have- don't give me that look, you know how many boys fancy you, especially third years."

"That's only because I'm on the Quidditch team," I replied, looking at the parcel and the box in front of me that was dropped off by Ginger. "And plus Hazel, these gifts are from my parents," picking up the box I gently shook it, 'Chocolate'.

"Okay, whatever you say- by the way, did you see how many boys asked Emi out so far?"

I smiled and cast a knowing look down the table, to where Emila and her friends are sitting, "Yes, I've seen, she sure has a lot of boys fancying her this year,"

"Yeah, she does," Hazel giggled, picking up her goblet of pumpkin she took a generous sip. "Boys started liking her because she turned nicer, but still has standards."

"Yeah, oh- and I have something to tell you-" a sudden tap on my shoulder made me turn to see who it was that interrupted me. "Huh? Do you need anything?"

A Hufflepuff and a two Ravenclaws stood before me, each holding a red, or pink carnation flower tied onto a card. The two Ravenclaws handed me their flowers and left without another word, anxiety was radiating off of them.

"Erm, I would like you to accept my feelings!" said the Hufflepuff quickly, he had light brown much like Hazel's and was probably in his third year. He handed me a pink carnation and gave me a hopeful look. "Please? Your singing is really nice, uh- I'm also thinking of trying out for the Frog Choir next year,"

I looked around to try and find a way to escape but then noticed how several boys around the room stared at me, waiting for me to reject the guy in front me.

"Ahem," Hazel broke the silence between me and the Hufflepuff. "My friend meant that she'll think about it, she's not really the talker when it comes to guys."

"Oh! That's understandable," the Hufflepuff blushed before walking away. "Meet me by the greenhouse during lunch! Then you can you please tell me your answer, bye!"

I sighed in relief, "Owe you that one, good lie by the way."

Hazel nodded, "I know," she grabbed the carnations and untied the cards, then started going over them. "It's all the same, telling you to meet them by somewhere at some specific time,"

"I don't even know them," I exasperated. "And I'm not going to listen to their confession, it's going to be rubbish, honestly."

"If I were you then I would be honored," said Hazel, she dropped the cards and sighed loudly. "You're so lucky, just like Emi, people actually ask you out."

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Lockhart shouted from the staff table, getting everyone to stop talking. "And may I thank the forty-six people who have so far sent me cards! Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all- and it doesn't end here!"