(Chapter 35) Divination Madness

When I arrived at the Great Hall for breakfast the Slytherin Quidditch team waved me over, I shot an apologetic glance at Hazel then took my seat between Warrington and Flint. I greeted them with a smile before pouring myself a cup of tea to start off the morning. 

"Morning, Sparks," Flint greeted. "First game of the year is Slytherin versus Gryffindor, so you know what that means?" 

I nodded, stirring in a small spoonful of sugar into the hot tea. "Training begins today, and I can't be late or-"

"And he fainted like a madman!" Malfoy exclaimed from down the table, he then did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit, there was a roar of laughter from his friends and the team. 

I rolled my eyes at them and sipped on the tea that is now warm.  

"Hey, Potter!" shrieked Pansy, jumping up from her seat that was next to Malfoy's. "Potter! The dementors are coming, Potter! Woooooo!"   

I turned my head around and saw the trio walking together, I sent them a wave which went unnoticed. 

"Remember to not be late for practice," Flint reminded us in a threatening tone. "Wood was about to strangle me when he saw that I booked the pitch first." 

I stifled a laugh, trying to imagine that happening.

A timetable was then handed to me abruptly by Snape, who seemed to be scowling at me, I grabbed the timetable and scanned it over. Seeing that my new subjects are scheduled for today, I noticed that Divination is located on the top of the North, which would take about ten minutes to get there from the Great Hall.   

Glancing at the clock, I stashed my timetable inside of my book bag and scanned the table for Hazel, but she was already gone along with Pansy and Millicent.  

"Seriously?" I groaned, hurrying out the Great Hall and running up the marble stairs.

. . .  

"In this room, you shall explore the noble arts of Divination," said Professor Trelawney with her misty voice. "In this room, you shall discover if you possess the sight!" she stood up and proceeded to walk forward, but bumped into the small table in front of her causing the class to giggle loudly.  

"I am Professor Trelawney, and together we shall cast ourselves into the future!" she waved her arms, looking quite cheerful. "This term we shall be focusing on the art of reading tea leaves, so please take the cup of the person sitting opposite of you."  

I grabbed Hazel's teacup while she grabbed mine, before class has started we were instructed to drink out of them and to placed them upside down on the saucer.    

"As you can see- the truth lies bedded, like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read, but first, you must broaden your minds," Trelawney continued, raising her hands to the window  as if trying to reach out, "first you must look, beyond!" 

"That was a load of rubbish," said Hermione suddenly, placing down her books on the ground.

"Where did you come from?" Ron exclaimed, bewildered by her sudden appearance. 

I furrowed my eyebrows, 'What- was she there before, definitely not there when I entered the class'.  

"Me? Been here all this time." Hermione replied, fixing her robes and looked out of breath. 

Professor Trelawney pointed to Neville, then approached him and his partner's table. "You, boy, is your grandmother quite well?" 

"Uh- I think so," replied Neville nervously.