(Chapter 38) My Fault

While sitting quietly in the library, I worked on my four foot History of Magic essay on the Goblin Rebellions. The subject was boring, but I had to bring my grade up. Just as I dipped my quill in ink, I looked up to see Harry glaring at me. I looked into his mind for a few seconds before knowing what he was going to say.    

"You're behind it," Harry said angrily.  

"Behind what?" I asked innocently. 

"Not letting Slytherin play in the first game. You knew the weather is going to be bad, and used Malfoy as an excuse." 

"That's a bold claim, Harry," I said, but a smirk marked my face, showing that I was guilty. 

He gasped. "You-" 

"There's a reason I'm in Slytherin. We're cunning enough to achieve what we want." I said in a low voice, as his eyebrows raised in shock. 

"We're friends right?" 

I nodded, "We are, just not during Quidditch." 

Harry sighed, nodding, and left. I resumed my essay. However, not even a minute later, George walked into the library and his eyes landed on me, his expression just like Harry's. A few seconds later he appeared before me. 

I looked into his eyes and saw that his thoughts were the same. "Merlin, is Johnson or Fred going to come next?" I muttered, sighing, now a bit annoyed. "Make it quick, George, this essay is due tomorrow." 

"You made the Slytherin team not play the first game, didn't you?" he crossed his arms. "You knew your pathetic team was going to lose in a little bit of rain." 

"It wasn't a little rain, it was a storm. And I wouldn't say pathetic." 

A loud giggle from two tables down made my eyes dart to the sound. My face hardens when I saw that it was Odessa and her friends. She seemed to be looking our way. 'She's staring at George'. I realize, which makes my face even stonier. 

Odessa's face reddened when one of her friends pointed to George. They giggled even louder, making Madam Pince shush them. Odessa waved shyly at George, as he waved back a bit more cheerfully. 

My insides churn at the exchange, 'Do they know each other? Why is Odessa being shy- unless she's- no, but why is George waving back? He hates Slytherins and people like Odessa-' 

I stopped what I was thinking and focused back on the real world. I began packing up my things, knowing that Odessa and her friends can't keep their mouths shut and will disrupt everyone, including me. Deep down, I knew that wasn't the only reason. 

"Hey, where are you going?" George asked, dropping his expression. 

"Elsewhere," I answered. 

"Where?" 

"The common room," I lied, I was actually heading to the workshop to finish my essay.  

"Oh, well, I'm still mad at you." George pouts. 

I couldn't help but let out a small giggle at his angry expression, which seemed cute to me despite my inner protestations. 

"Look, as an apology, I'll cheer on Gryffindor during the game, sound good?" I suggested.  

George pretended to think about it for a few seconds, "Sure, but only me, alright?" he pressed. 

"...Of course," I hesitated. 

Odessa appeared behind George and tapped him on the shoulder, "Hey, George, you said that we're going to study together." she chirped, smiling at him and sending me a friendly wave.