(Chapter 11) Halloween

I woke up to a beating and booming sound, I slowly opened my eyes and saw Hazel hitting a small drum, I yawned and slowly closed my eyes. "Hazel..... please stop..." I muttered, she stopped and made her way toward me, "Well, at least you woke up, I've been playing for two minutes." Hazel said and yanked the covers off my bed, I curled up and starting shaking from the cold. "No... lemme sleep," I murmured and tried to grab the blankets, "Come on Luci, classes start in thirty minutes." Hazel argued and started shaking me, I sighed and got up.

I changed into my uniform, and with Hazel we left the dorms then the common room. "Do you want to get breakfast? we still have some time," said Hazel checking her watch, I shook my head, "Nope, still full from last night, and plus todays the Halloween feast." I said and jumped in the air cheerfully, Hazel chuckled and we continued to walk down the corridors filled with students, apologizing a few time when we bumped into them. "Sorry," I said and turned around, then I saw that it was George who I bumped into, "Oh, hello." George said causally, I didn't bother saying another word and just turned back and kept following Hazel.

"Where too?" I asked Hazel, she was leaded me to our first class of the day. "Charms of course, I heard were learning the levitation charm today." Hazel answered and kept on walking.

We sat down at our normal seats, however soon Professor Flitwick paired us up in two, luckily I was paired up with Hazel. "Now don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practicing!" squeaked the Professor, he was perched on top of his pile of books as usual. "A swish and a flick, remember, a swish and a flick." he squeaked.

It was difficult for a lot of people, the feather that we were suppose to levitate didn't even wiggle. "Wingardium Leviosa!" I whispered and it started to float, when Professor Flitwick turned his gazed toward Hazel and I, I quickly grabbed the feather and acted like nothing happen. He shrugged and turned his gaze to Harry. "Why did you do that? you could have gotten points!" Hazel exclaimed, I placed the feather back on my desk and sighed, I didn't want to answer her. She seemed to take notice and just made a small understanding nod towards me.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Ron shouted, waving his arms like a windmill. "Ron stop, stop, stop. you're going take someone's eye out, besides you're saying wrong, it's LeviOsa not LeviosA." Hermione corrected, I smirked at Hermione's correction. 'Yep, your right'.

"Fine you do it then if your so clever, go on, go on," Ron snarled, Hermione picked up her wand and took a small breath.

"Wingardium Leviosa."

Hermione's feather started levitating into the air, students stopped repeating the same spell over and over again, and moved their eyes from their feathers to Hermione's.

"Whoa," Hazel whispered, I started clapping in silence and smiled at Hermione's success. "Oh well done, see here everyone, Miss Granger done it, oh splendid." Professor Flitwick praised.

The whole class was still silent except for Seamus who was starting to do the spell again, "Wingard Leviosa, Wingar-" he was then interrupted by his feather exploding, I covered my mouth, trying not to laugh. While Hazel look bewildered like Professor Flitwick, "I think were going to need another feather here, Professor." Harry said breathlessly.

After class Hazel and I were heading to our next class which was potions, "So, I think that I should research what centaurs eat or drink, cause I want t-" Hazel was interrupted by Hermione accidently bumping into us, "Sorry," Hermione croakily muttered, I peered forward a little and saw that her face was covered in tears. Hazel looked a bit concerned and dropped the centaur conversation that we were having.

The rest of the day Hermione didn't turn up to any of the classes, which was very unlike her.

"This isn't really like Hermione, Hazel do you think we should go find her?" I asked worriedly. she nodded, "Yeah, it doesn't sound like Hermione at all, she would never skip class." Hazel said putting her hand on her chin. "But honestly, it's none of our business, we should maybe wait and find out. It is her life that she has to live," Hazel added.