(Chapter 16) Unicorn Blood

Hazel reached into her pocket, and pulled out an small empty cork bottle. Her hands were shaking, she handed it to me and took a few steps back. I yanked off the cork, and drew my wand from my pocket. I muttered a spell and pointed at the blood, it slowly flow into the bottle. Hazel stared at me, with a scared expression.

I popped the cork back on, I sighed breathlessly, "I'm not going to drink it Hazel, I need this for a plan of mine," I said, stuffing my wand and the sin filled bottle into my pocket. Hazel sighed in relief, "Thank Merlin, I almost thought that you've plan on drinking it."

"Of course not, I wouldn't want a cursed life or a life of immortality," I said, slightly shaking from the fact that I have a bottle of unicorn blood in my pocket. I looked around our surroundings, sighing loudly, "We split up, and each follow a group."

"I'll take Hagrid, Hermione, and Ron. I know that route they're taking," said Hazel, I sighed in defeat, "Then I'll be stuck with Malfoy, but on the bright side it's Harry's group."

Hazel nodded, "Now, we split up!" she whisper excitedly. We both giggled and ran the opposite direction. Hazel and I always ran through the forest at night together, it was always fun for us. Hazel would find many types of animals, while I would find many types of plants and herbs.

I sprinted through the trees, and ran over the crunchy leafs.

Suddenly a scream pierced through the night, I stopped in my tracks, looking around fearfully. I heard running through the leaves, I turned around quickly, but to only be greeted by a screaming and scared Malfoy, and a whimpering Fang.

He looked around fearfully, and was gasping heavily. He then noticed my presences, running up to me with fear. "Sparks! something was drinking unicorn blood!" he gasped, as if he forgotten that he hates me. I gently patted his shoulder, trying to make him calm down. "Calm down, calm down." I said softly, patting his shoulder.

He was still shaking and gasping for air, "Calm down!" I exclaimed, and stopped patting his shoulder. He stopped gasping, but started shaking. "Go find Hagrid," I addressed kindly. "Not if you come with! What if I come across another one of those blood drinking creature!" he exclaimed. I was about to say no, until I heard a galloping hooves. 'The centaurs! Perfect!', I smirked.

I nodded, "Harry is already greeted with help, so we can find Hagrid-" before I could finish, Hazel's voice rang through the air. "Lucinda! Lucinda!"

I looked around, and spotted Hazel with the others. "Hazel!" I smiled, running to her direction. We engulfed in a hug, pulling away quickly. I turned too Hagrid, "Malfoy and Harry found a creature that was drinking the blood,"

"I'll lead you too it!" exclaimed Malfoy, we all looked at each other, unsure if it's a good idea to follow him.

"Lead teh way." said Hagrid, "But Hazel and Lucinda, yeh guys return to the 'astle. Yeh weren't signed up fur the's detention," he sighed. Hazel and I opened our mouths to protest, but Hermione and Ron shook their heads, "You guys didn't get detention." said Hermione, "Go on," said Ron.

"Stay safe." we muttered in unison, and started walking back to the castle.

. . .

I was midnight, Hazel was pacing around the empty common room in her nightgown, muttering to herself. "We should've stayed in that detention, I feel bad for just leaving,"

I just sat on the couch, looking at the small bottle of silver blood in my hand. "I have a plan, I need to see if I'm right," I said suddenly. Hazel stopped pacing and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Why do you want to do this plan?" she questioned.

I sighed and handed her the bottle, she took it and stared at the silver liquid. "It's just a theory for now, but I think that the person, or creature drinking this blood, is also searching for that stone." I started. "Think about it Hazel, that thing is drinking this blood for what? For immortality and power, and what's more better than drinking blood from an animal? getting a stone of immortality." I explained.