(Chapter 6) Hogwarts Express

"Lucinda dear, it's time to go!" mum called from downstairs. I was still checking my trunk for anything missing, even though this was the fifth time I've checked. 

"Coming mum!" I ran downstairs with Ginger in his cage in one hand and the other with my trunk. We walked outside to our car, dad helped me place in my luggage in the car trunk, dad was driving and mum in the passenger seat, while I sat in the back with Ginger.

We drove to King Cross Station and arrived just in time.

We hurried to platforms nine and ten. "Now, Lucinda just run in between the platforms. Then your at platform nine and three quarters," dad said giving me the trolley with my luggage.

Without a second thought, I ran into the pillar with mum and dad trailing behind. I felt a weird sensation with I passed through the pillar. Witches and wizards bustled around, and the Hogwarts Express stood in all its glory.

 My parents shortly came through the portal and patted me on the back, "We had the same reaction when we started our first year," dad said as he helped me push the trolley near the train. 

I hugged mum and dad one last time before I walked into the train, "Bye mum and dad, I'll miss you." I said and waved goodbye.

"Remember to write!" Mom waved back.

As I walked further down the train, I heard a familiar voice call. "Lucinda!" 

I turned around and saw Hazel waving her hand at me, I smiled and walked over to her with both of my trunk and an owl cage, Hazel ran up to me and helped drag the trunk. We entered the compartment she claimed and placed the trunk shelf. "So, what's the owls name?" Hazel asked me after we sat down across from each other her, I placed Ginger, who was in his cage beside me.

"His name is Ginger." I said with a smile.

"Aw, that's so cute," Hazel cooed at the owl.

Hours pasted and they were all spent by me and Hazel chatting about what Hogwarts will be like, and what house we would be sorted into.

A few minutes later a old lady who was rolling a trolley full of wizarding candy came by, "Anything from the trolley dears?" she asked, me and Hazel nodded eagerly.

"A chocolate frog and one pack jelly slugs, please," Hazel said reaching for her bag. 

"Four chocolate frogs, and two blood-flavored lollipops, please," I said handing her the money along with Hazel.

She gave us our orders and went on to the next compartments. 

"I'll trade you one for a chocolate frog." Hazel said popping a jelly slug in her mouth. I nodded and handed her a lollipop while she tossed me a chocolate frog. I held my lollipop in one hand and opened the chocolate frog, the frog jumped into my mouth in an instant, I chewed and swallowed it. I picked up the card and scanned it.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
CURRENTLY HEAD MASTER OF HOGWARTS

"Considered by many to be the greatest wizard of modern times, Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of Dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel. Professor Dumbledore enjoys chamber music and tenpin bowling."

Me and Hazel were chatting and eating our sweets for a while until a girl with bushy hair opens the door and stood by our compartment. "Have you seen a toad around here, a boy named Neville lost one," she inquired.

"No we haven't." Me and Hazel said in unison, she nodded and held out her hand, "Okay then, by the way. My name is Hermione Granger and you are?"

Me and Hazel both nodded at each other, "My name is Hazel, Hazel Scott," Hazel said shaking her hand. "My name is Lucinda Sparks."

We both shook Hermione's hand, "Well then Lucinda and Hazel, you guys should get changed, we're about to arrive." she said and then left with a smile.

"How about I change first while you stand guard outside, and when I'm done you change while I stand guard," Hazel suggested, "Okay, works for me." I answered back.

I slipped outside and closed the compartment door, I hummed a little tune but stopped when I looked over to my right side. The twins were running down the train laughing there heads off, I didn't know what was happening until I saw a slime covered student, chasing them down the train. 

"What...?" I furrowed my eyebrows as they passed me, but decided not the ask any questions.

The compartment door slid open and out came Hazel in her plain uniform, "Alright, now it's your turn," She said pushing me in the compartment and slammed the door shut. 

"Okay, okay," I murmured and pulled out my uniform from my trunk.

After I was finished me and Hazel both sat down and talked about things to do at Hogwarts during our free time, "So, do you think maybe we can sneak out at night sometimes?" Hazel asked looking slightly worried. 

"Actually I was going to do that anyway when I get into Hogwarts, and maybe sneak into the Forbidden Forest at night," I replied. 

"Then lets do it, another question do you like nature. I'm a nature and animal person by the way, but mostly animal, magical animals." Hazel added while playing with her hair.

"Same."

Eventually, the Hogwarts Express stopped and all the students shuffled out of the train, we all left our stuff on the train cause they'll be delivered to our dorms once the feast is over.