(Chapter 8) Midnight

Dumbledore stood up. The whole hall fell silent, "Ahem- just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you. First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well." Dumbledore's eyes twinkling eyes flashed in the directions of the Weasley twins. 

"I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors. Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of term. Anyone interested in playing for their house team should contact Madam Hooch. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third floor corridors on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish a very painful death."

Some students laughed but me and Hazel wasn't one of them, "What do you think he meant?" Hazel whispered to me, "I'm not sure, but maybe we should find out" I whispered back.

After dinner the Slytherin prefects led us to the dungeons, where our common rooms were. 

"Alright kiddos, the password is serpents," said the prefect, the stone wall started to crumble and then made an arch way to reveal the common room. We all walked in and explored the common room, "Girls dorm to the right and boys dorm to the left. You will see that all your stuff is already in your dorms, lights out in 20 minutes." said the second prefect. We all walked up the stairs and found our dorms.

 "Yes, were sharing a dorm!" Hazel squealed as ahe opened the door, inside was 4 poster beds and a beautiful view from under the Black Lake.

Two girls walked up to us and introduced themselves, "Hi, my name is Pansy Parkinson. You can just call me Pansy," A girl with a short bob hair cut said and shook our hands.

"Hello, I'm Millicent Bulstrode. Just call me Millicent" Said another girl, who was a little chubby, she then shook our hands.

After me and Hazel introduced ourselves we all unpacked and went to bed, tomorrow is our first day of classes but I couldn't sleep one bit. Then I got a huge craving for fruits, 'I'm so hungry!'

I got tired of staying awake so I got up and pulled on my black flats and a cloak that mum and dad got me. I was still wearing my nightgown, but I mean who cares right now?

Just when I was about to leave the dorm I felt a hand on my shoulder, I jumped and felt like I just got a heart attack. "Shhhh, it's just me Luci," I heard Hazel whisper, I sighed in relief. "I'm just hungry, so I'm going to the kitchens. I'll be back in a while." I whispered to her. "Okay, well stay safe then," She whispered back to me and walked back to her bed.

I walked out of the dorms then out of the common room, I wondered the halls of Hogwarts and then tried to find the kitchens. I heard foot steps coming my way so I pulled on my hood and continued walking. Even if they did see me I would just throw some of my ink bombs at them and make a run for it.

I heard the foot steps approaching me but I got nervous so I spirited down the corridors making a run for it, now the foot steps are running behind me and I heard him or her mutter a few spells, but they missed. "Expelliarmus!" the person shouted.

 'Yep it's a Professor', I dodged the spell and kept running, not bothering to look back.  

'Great! this had to happen', I thought to myself and pulled out two ink bombs from my pockets, I threw them behind me and heard a small explosion. I was running down the corridors laughing like a manic because I'm pretty sure that I ink bombed a teacher. After running for a while the footsteps finally stopped, 'They probably gave up' , I thought to myself and walked in front of a portrait of a bowl of fruits.