(Chapter 51) Yule Ball pt.1

Before the Great Hall entrance, I stood among Hazel and Rodrick as we conversed on the special performance for tonight.

Rodrick stated with confidence, "It's the Weird Sisters, I overheard Professor-"

"I rather it's Celestina Warbeck," I frowned, pouting my lips, "I mean- the Weird Sisters aren't bad."

"You just hate the rock genre, don't be so biased," Rodrick rolled his eyes at me jokingly, "it's going to be fun, just dance like your shoes are on fire."

"If Celestina Warbeck comes to perform at this dance?" Hazel sighed dreamily, equally a huge fan.

A dress of violet caught my eyes at the grand staircase, I turned and my eyes widened, seeing Angelina arm in arm with Fred, but that's not what got me speechless. Odessa was laughing happily with George, descending the staircase with grace and elegance.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous seeing George stand next to Odessa, the beautiful girl who wore a deep violet gown that hugged her figure, seeming to match Angelina who wore the same color, but Angelina came with Fred.

I'd also be lying if I said Odessa didn't look like one of those witches in the Witch Weekly magazines, perfect and ethereal.

"Lucinda, we'll be going in," Hazel told me, smiling and cheeks rosy with excitement was escorted into the Great Hall by Rodrick.

A person tapped me on the shoulder from behind, making me still before turning around and seeing Tsvetan Poliakoff behind me with his arms open for a wide hug.

"Looking handsome tonight," I commented on his red suit and hugged him tightly, it was like all the other Durmstrang boy's outfits, but he pulled it off better than anyone.

"I'm doing vell, you?" He took my hand, pressing a kiss on the backside while bowing, "you look very beautiful."

Blushing at his compliment, I nodded, "Isn't that flattering."

"Shall ve head in?" he extended his arm, and I placed my hand in his palm, all my thoughts about George were gone, and it was time to enjoy the night and let loose for a bit.

Inside, the entire hall was decorated like a winter wonderland; silvery drapes hung across the walls, castle statues made of ice atop the tables, and many refreshments. Spotting Hazel in the distance, Poliakoff and I made out to them, excited.

"It looks so different," I told Hazel about the Great Hall, people had begun to part at the entrance for the champions to arrive for the first dance. "Just this morning during breakfast it was still an old castle hall."

With the orchestra starting off the entrance music, everyone had quieted down and eyes trained on the double doors that swung open. Fleur Delacour came in with Roger Davis, Cedric Diggory came in with Cho Chang, Harry came with Parvati Patil.

What struck me was Viktor Krum's partner, who I was sure was Hermione judging from the face, the only thing different was her tamed hair in a formal updo that had curls draping from her left shoulder, she wore a beautiful rosy pink dress that made me stop clapping and only to admire.

"Hermione?" Hazel voiced out my thoughts, equally shocked but also in awe.

When all the champions and their dance partners, were gathered in the center of the hall. With a few taps of the conducting baton from Professor Flitwick, the orchestra began to play a lovely waltz. My eyes trained on Harry because of how awkward he was doing. Surely he took dancing lessons from Professor McGonagall? But he wasn't terrible, just uncomfortable in who his partner was, definitely the last-minute decision.