(Chapter 18) Hatch A Plan

Summer has been calm, relaxing, and enjoyable. Poppy and Hermione visited a few times, I had many sleepovers with Hazel. Pansy and Millicent wrote to me a lot, so did the Weasley twins. Ron and Hermione has been owling me, asking why Harry never written back. I would answer back saying that I haven't got a clue. But I do know that they've put bars on his window.

"Lucinda dear! Your playdate with the Weasleys is in six minutes! Come downstairs, I'm going to braid your hair!" Mum called cheerfully. I snapped out of my thoughts, "Coming in a moment!" I responded. I jumped up from my chair, and pulled out a box from under my bed, and picked out a raspberry flavored lollipop. I stuffed it in my pocket, and ran down the steps.

I saw my mum sitting on the couch with a bow, and a brush, "I'm here!" I chirped, and jumped onto the seat beside her. She kissed my cheeks, and started brushing and braiding my dark wavy hair. "Do you want to cut it? It's growing past your shoulders now," Mum asked, finishing the braid with a blue bow on the bottom. "No, I think I'll let it grow longer." I replied, jumping up from the couch, and running towards the large fireplace.

Mum grabbed the cup of floo powder, "Are you ready, Lucinda?" mum asked excitedly, holding out the cup of floo powder in front of me. "Yes," I answered cheerfully. I took a handful of powder, and walked into the fireplace. "Remember to come home at four." she reminded me, "Yes mum," I replied.

I took a deep breath, "The Burrow!" I got engulfed by the bright green fire. It felt as if being sucked down a drain. "WOOO!" I laughed, I slid down the fireplace, and fell onto the wooden floor. I stood up, and dusted away the ashes. "Hello?" I called from the living room, footsteps came rushing down the stairs.

"Lucinda dear!" Mrs. Weasley smiled, she gave me a motherly hug that everyone loves, "Welcome to the burrow! Make yourself comfortable," she beamed. "Thank you Mrs. Weasley," I smiled. "Call me Molly or mum, dear." she laughed. "Alright Molly," I grinned.

The house was a cozy and lived place, it was truly amazing, and felt like home. "Do they know I'm visiting?" I asked, dusting off the lingering ashes. "Yes of course, except for Fred and George, they didn't hear the news last night at dinner." she answered, "When can I see them?" I asked.

"Any time, they'll be upstairs, now I'll be cooking up breakfast. You can go play with then when you want to." she smiled, and made her way to the kitchen. I smiled to myself, and looked around the house. The atmosphere in the Burrow felt safe and heart warming, just like Hogwarts, but better.

I ran up the stairs, stopping by the twins room to give them a surprise. I knocked on the door, but there was no answer, I sighed quietly. 'Well, it's half past eight in the morning, they might be sleeping', I thought to myself. I slowly cracked opened the door, peeking inside the room. The smell of gunpowder immediately hits me, "Yuck..." I muttered. I could only see two beds, each with a twin snoring loudly, and looking very comfortable.'Better not bother them, they need their sleep'.

I closed the door, and ran down to the first floor, to where Ginny's room is. I knocked on the door, it immediately opened to reveal Ginny, still in her pajamas. "Lucinda!" she squealed, and pulled me into the room, closing the door soon afterwards. We sat next to each other on her bed, and broke into conversation.

"I cant wait to go too Hogwarts, how do you get sorted!?" she questioned excitedly. I laughed at her cuteness, "Ginny, you've been asking me that the last few times I came here. And I want you to be surprised when you get sorted, and I'll be cheering for whatever house you get into."

Ginny smiled, "Thanks Lucinda, also I'm thinking of joining the quidditch teams when I'm in second year, I want to play chaser. What about you? I know that you love quidditch,"