(Chapter 36) Boggart Lesson

I sat on a sofa in the common room as Flint and some other teammates yelled at me for not showing up to Quidditch practice yesterday. My face held a blank expression, but on the inside I was sweating and getting more nervous as the clock ticked in the background. 

"I had a whole new strategy planned out- and the Seeker and Beater of the team failed to show up! Where is Malfoy anyway?!" yelled Flint, his face angered and eyebrows furrowed.  

"Hospital Wing," Bletchley piped up, but quickly sank into the sofa when Flint turned to glare at him. 

It was almost as bad as being yelled at by my parents, especially with someone as scary as Flint. My hands rested on my lap and I dared not to move or look him in the eyes. Half the team looked pissed, while the other half seemed to be sympathetic. 

"Next practice you're doing twenty laps around the pitch!" said Flint, crossing his arms. "Fifty push-ups, and-" 

"Hey, Marcus, don't you think that's enough?" asked Bole, the other Beater on the team, he patted reassuringly on my shoulder. "She's a girl, and it's only her second year on the team." 

Flint scowled. "I don't care, she missed out on practice, I had a new strategy planned out and the Seeker and Beater are important in it! And she has the nerve to even skip practice when she knows that every single one is important." 

"I agree with Marcus," said Warrington.  

"What about Malfoy?" I exclaimed, glaring at him. "How come he doesn't get punished, he  missed practice too!" 

Flint scowled. "Malfoy got hurt! You just didn't show up." 

"I just thought that the first game is months away, and practicing now is too early," I protested. "None of the other teams have started training!" 

"Don't argue with me, Sparks," barked Flint. "Remember that I can kick you off the team anytime I want, when you're useless to me or even help those Gryffindors during Quidditch then consider yourself off the team!"  

I stayed quiet and didn't speak. 

Flint huffed, "Don't miss practice next week then, Sparks," he seemed to have cooled down a little. "Come on, let's go." 

The team all nodded and we made our way down to the Great Hall. Montague was chatting excitedly the whole way, about how he had been given a family heirloom by his father. I couldn't care less about the topic but just nodded along.  

"You're pureblood right?" Bole asked me.  

I nodded. 

"Don't your family have some sort of heirloom?" Bletchley inquired.  

I nodded unevenly, "It's sort of hard to explain?" 

"Understandable," said Warrington. "My mother said she'll give me our family heirloom, which is a ring of some sort, maybe when I turn sixteen." 

I'm sure that my family vault in Gringotts has an heirloom inside, but I've never seen the Sparks vault since I don't have the vault key and neither does my adoptive parents, though it'll be given to me when I turn seventeen by the Ministry since I am the heir to the Sparks family. 

"Luci," Hazel waved me over from the Slytherin table, she seemed to be taking notes on Ancient Runes. I waved to the team before going to Hazel. 

"How was the lecture?" she asked kindly. 

"It was terrible, now I don't even want to go to practice anymore, let alone even get in Quidditch uniform." I replied sadly, reaching into my book bag I pulled out the Herbology textbook and began studying. "I never knew skipping practice would cause this much of a deal,"