(Chapter 21) Mandrake Repotting

The next day was no easy day, falling asleep at half-past two in the morning and waking up at six o'clock wasn't a good idea, but that didn't stop me from smiling. During breakfast I tried to cover my bandages with my sleeves and robes, it worked, but you can still see my bandaged hands and fingers.

With Pansy, Millicent, and Hazel being my friends, helping me was no exception. "Are you sure your hands don't hurt?" Hazel asked, clearly worried about me. "Yes, thanks for worrying, but I'm alright." I answered, getting up from my seat. "Where are you going?" Pansy inquired, dropping her spoon into her bowl cereal. "I'm going to take at seat at the Gryffindor table too study with Hermione, you wanna come?" I replied, picking up my bag. 'Of course she won't come, she's been taught the art of prejudice!'.

Pansy and Millicent gave me a dirty look, but tried to hide it with a smile. "No thanks," Millicent answered, Pansy nodded quickly and shooed me off. 'Knew it'.

I nudged Hazel. "I'm good, I want to finish my pancakes." said Hazel, who was still trying to finish her tall stack of pancakes and waffles, topped with berries and maple syrup. "Alright then, see you at class," I smiled at them, and walked to the Gryffindor table. I sat down next to Hermione, and pulled my copy of 'The Standard Book of Spells Year 2'.

"Hello Hermione, mind if we study together?" I asked, giving her kind smile.

Her face lit up with a smile, "Not at all! I've just been reading Gilderoy Lockhart's books!", my eyes lingered to her copy of 'Voyages with Vampire', that was propped open against a milk jug. Hermione eyes casted onto my hands, a look of worry flashed in her eyes. "What happen?" she whispered, peering at my bandages. "Well, since Harry and Ron crashed into the Whomping Willow, the tree needed mending, so I help Professor Sprout on it." I answered, she turned her gaze to Harry and Ron, giving them a harsh glare.

"It's alright Hermione, I don't think that they've wanted to crash into the Willow or drive the flying car. I suspect that they couldn't make it to the barrier in time, or that they have time, but someone closed the barrier. Either way, I want to ask Harry about it," I said, making Hermione nod. "But until then, lets start studying, I want perfect marks." Hermione grinned, I smiled and flipped open to page one. 'Hermione will always be Hermione, I wont be surprised if she becomes a Prefect or even Head Girl'.

"Hi Harry!" shouted a voice, then a loud flash went off, catching some of the students attention. I looked up to see a mousy haired boy with light skin was holding a camera in front of Harry. "I'm Colin Creevey! I'm in Gryffindor too!" his smiled, his voice just spelled the word happiness.

"Hello Colin, nice to meet you." Harry said politely, even though the situation was awkward. "Ron is that your owl?" spoke a Gryffindor, who was looking at Ron, his name was Dean Thomas, a Gryffindor that's in the same year as me. "Good guess, you're correct," I commented, and watched Errol soaring across the Gryffindor table. The awestruck moment ended when the old and clumsy owl crashed into a bowl of crisps, making students howl in laughter. I covered my mouth with my hands, trying not to giggle.

Down the table my action caught George's attention, his eyes averted to my bandaged hands, his smile turned into shock, by seeing his reaction, I quickly put my hands down. Ron plucked the letter from its beak, "Bloody birds a menace," he said, looking down at the letter. Errol jumped up and flew away, whilst Ron started breathing heavily. "Oh no..." he croaked out.

The envelope caught the attention of Seamus Finnigan, "Look everyone! Weasleys got himself a howler!" he announced out loud. People burst into fits of laughter, the Slytherins looked quite amused. "Must be Mrs. Weasley." I whispered to Hermione, she nodded in response, and stared at the letter in interest. "What is a howler?" Hermione asked me, and pointed to the letter in Ron's hands. I sighed, knowing that this isn't going to be good. "That letter, Hermione, is a howler, in the next ten seconds you will hear Mrs. Weasley yelling at Ron for driving that flying car, I just know it."