Episode 43: Deer among a Pack of Wolves (Oli.)

Elliot's eyes widened with horror upon hearing Thalia's words.

My fellow dark mage cast a shroud of shadows around us as the ice girl came in for the attack.

Ryan eyed every direction. "The other two have yet to show themselves."

"Leave them to me!" Isabelle yelled.

She took in a deep breath. A powerful blast of wind tore apart the trees as soon she let the air go. 

Content with her damage, she ran in without any sign of caution.

Elliot turned and followed after her.

I needed to do something too. Couldn't stand around doing nothing.

Clapping my hands together, I covered our opposite flank with my own barrier of shadows.

Elliot and Isabelle needed to be careful out there. They were like baby deer, alone in a wide open area where wolves tended to roam.

"What's going on outside?" Ryan asked, sitting on the grass cross-legged. Spirits danced around him, creating an incredibly dense, almost suffocating, pressure within the barrier.

I peered into the shroud, being able to see beyond the ink-like shadows. Isabelle was having an easy time melting away the steel and ice attacks. Meanwhile, Elliot fought off against the lightning-guy. 

Where could the other have gone?

Vines suddenly emerged from underneath us, sending dust everywhere.