Episode 45: Paying Attention (Olivia)

"Unhand her!" Ryan yelled as the spirits danced wildly.

Ms. Pistachio-head stepped back as the anima grew closer.

"Don't fear, sister," the brunette said, stepping in front of her. She raised her weapon and slammed it into the ground, creating a wave of earth.

I reached for Ryan's hand, grabbed it and slowed out movement toward the forest.

These people, they were far stronger than the others students we fought the other day. Though I should've expected that. They're too survived the same ordeal that we did.

Elliot caught me as the shadows that had held me afloat vanished.

"You alright? You don't look too good," he said.

I pushed him away, shaking my head. "I'll be fine."

Why... why was my prana running low so quickly?

Hadn't the potion restore it properly?

Or perhaps one day of rest wasn't good enough.

Elliot grabbed me by the shoulders and moved me away as rocks came flying at us at rapid speed.

"Pay attention!"

"Sorry I..."

He sighed. "Guard me. I'll take care of them." He pressed his fists together, charging his aura, and punched the ground, causing the vines holding Thalia to collapse back into the ground.

"What did you just do?"

He grinned. "Nothing much, just caved their origin-point in."