Once

"Where is Ms. Lupin?"

Marlene McKinnon wouldn't stop teasing Cassiopeia. The blonde found out about the raven girl's patronus, and she knew about Lupin's wolf charm.

"Shut it Mar!"

"Two people who love each other that much should be together" Cassiopeia glared at her friend

"Two people who love each other that much should be together" Cassiopeia glared at her friend. "Just saying"

"Listen, we both know me. I'm a fuck up, Lupin is far too good to be with a girl like me" Marlene hated when her friend talked like that. She knew the Black girl felt lonely, even though Marlene was always with her.

"Lets go, double potions!"

🌙🌙🌙

The metamorphmagi sat, waiting patiently for Professor Slughorn. Marlene sat down besides a Ravenclaw she fancied while Cassiopeia sat by herself.

"Oi! Padfoot, someone stole your Marlene."

The marauders joined the classroom. They always entered screaming or hexing Slytherins. Cassiopeia missed them, she missed being part of that group, they even had secret code names for each other and needless to say, she was jealous.

"Shut it Prongs!"

She always wondered what those nicknames meant. Prongs, Padfoot, Wormtail, and Moony. Well, she understood Moony, but the others?

"Hey? May I sit?" Remus, Remus Lupin wanted to sit beside her. She was dying on the inside, but she knew how to play it cool.

"I know I'm irresistible Lupin, so go ahead"

He smiled, he missed that, her witty comments. Her smirk, to similar to Sirius for his taste.

"Well class! Today we are learning about amorentia"

Oh fuck

"Well Black, what do you smell?"

She sniffed a couple of times, she knew what she smelled. It was Remus through and through.

"What do YOU smell Lupin?"

He smirked. Remus smirking? That was a knew one. He looks cute. Cassiopeia smiled at him, the way he looked at her was almost daring.

"I smell chocolate, cinnamon, cigarettes, and fire whiskey"

He blushed.

"Well, well, looks like the big bad wolf is in love with me"

Remus nodded.

"We already established that"

Cassiopeia smiled, a genuine smile. She hadn't smiled like that in ages.

"I smell chocolate, cinnamon, the woods, and rain"

Remus smiled.

"Okay class, you are dismissed."

🌑🌑🌑

Cassiopeia got another letter from Bella. The third one this week.

Little star,

Tom is getting impatient. The way you ran out from the manor was not correct. We only want what's best for you, mother hasn't erased you from the family tree, you should come back home.

Ps. If you don't agree on coming home for summer break, we are gonna start taking harsher methods.

Love,
Your big sister.

Cassiopeia was scared, scared was an understatement. She dropped the letter in shock, and Sirius picked it up. He read it and looked up at his cousin.

"Cass, why didn't you tell me. How many has she sent?"

"This is the third one"

Sirius seemed angry, but not at her. He looked worried for his cousin, he loved her dearly.

"I didn't think anyone cared"

Now he was angry at her.

"YOU WHAT? Are you- what? YOU ARE MY FAMILY CASS, of course I love you, of course I care. You've been so distant lately... why?"

"I thought, I thought it was better for you lot"

Sirius hugged her and kissed the top of her head.

"family sticks together Cass"