Treinta y cuatro

Christmas came, and the three friends decided that it was best if they stayed at the castle

Christmas came, and the three friends decided that it was best if they stayed at the castle. Harry had no other choice, because everyone thought he would be safer in Hogwarts than anywhere else. Harry loved Christmas at Hogwarts, it was magical for him.

"Harry! Look, you've got a big gift this year!" Ron yelled from the common room. Not many students stayed home for Christmas, so they could be loud.

"What? Me?" Ron nodded eagerly, he was curious.

"Does it says who's it from?" Asked Hermione, she added "it could be from Sirius, it could be a cursed gift!"

"I don't think so, let's open it!" Said Ron eagerly.

The three friends opened the gift and to their surprise, it was the most amazing and it was the fastest broom on the planet: the firebolt.

"Blimey Harry! It's a firebolt, the fastest broom" Ron looked as excited as ever.

"Who could of sent it?" Asked Hermione.

"I don't know, but it's brilliant" said Harry grinning. He was happy, now he definitely could win the quiddich championship.

"I'm going to McGonnegal, if it's cursed something can happen to you" stated Hermione.

"Come on Hermione, she's gonna take it away and I won't be able to use it for my quiddich game! We lost to Hufflepuff, we need it" he said pleading.

"No! I'll go to her now" with that, Hermione disappeared leaving to angry boys behind.

"I hate her bloody rule following arse" Ron said, Harry was quiet and angry. He stood up and told Ron he was going for a walk, by himself.

He was walking around the castle, when he spotted in the great hall Professor Black and Professor Lupin eating pumpkin cake. He approached them to wish them a happy Christmas.

"Happy Christmas professors" he said smiling. Cassiopeia, being a legillimens, knew something was wrong with the kid.

"Sit with us Harry" she invited. Remus was holding her hand, and he noticed. He decided to to ask about them.

"Are you... umm are you together or something?" He asked awkwardly. Cassiopeia smiled while Remus raised his brows in surprise and curiosity on what Cassiopeia was gonna answer.

"Yes Harry, we are engaged" she answered simply, and Remus lifted his chin up with pride.

"Oh, I didn't know..." he trailed off.

"Harry, we wanted to give you a Christmas present" Lupin interrupted.

"Really?" He said surprised. Not many professors give you Christmas gifts.

"Yes, I'm your godmother after all" Cassiopeia said smiling. He smiled at them and took the wrapped rectangle he was given.

He opened it and realized it was a photo album. He stared at the first picture, it was Lilly and Cassiopeia, she was much younger, and her mom was too.

"We were your age" she stated simply at the boy who was smiling.

"Thank you, this means so much to me... who is she?" He pointed at a blonde girl with a flirty smirk. Cassiopeia smiled at the memory of her best friend.

"That's Marlene McKinnon, she was my best friend in Hogwarts

"That's Marlene McKinnon, she was my best friend in Hogwarts." Cassiopeia informed her.

"Was?" He asked, curiosity eating him.

"She died in our seventh year, the war" answered Remus.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what would I do if my best friends die" he said with sadness.

"That's why you should forgive Hermione, Harry, she was only doing what she thought best for you. She's worried" Remus stared at her in confusion and Harry narrowed her eyes.

"How did you

"How did you...? Umm I will" he said quickly and left the two.

"You know, reading people's minds is not nice" Remus said with a mock scold.

"Yeah yeah, I just worry about him. He's my family" she said and smiled.