•Part 2•

September 11th 1963

After spending, what felt like, a short hour in her very own office, just walking around as if she was dreaming, she found her schedule lined up on a cork board by a large black board on the left wall.

"Woah" she breathed out as if somebody had taken the breath out of her lungs.

She couldn't believe her luck. She had her own office with her name on the door! With a desk and chairs, cabinets and drawers, a biscuit tin and a big black chalk board  for her to plan her interviews. It was cosy and not too small or big.

She walked back to her schedule, she read;

"Name: Amelia Jordan
Age: 21
Place of Birth: Brighton
Occupation: Training Journalist" It seemed so professional she thought, she continued and started reading the rules and regulations list.

" -All staff must arrive by 8:45 AM sharp
- Breaks last 15 minutes approximately at 11:30 and 3:30
- Lunch break is at 12:15. All staff are free to buy their lunch outside of the headquarters as long as they return to their offices by 1:30
- Women should have their hair tied up and should be smartly dressed. Makeup is allowed but subtly. The maximum heal height is 5 inches
- Men should also be dressed appropriately.
- Each member of staff should always have their name badge attached to their clothes accordingly.

If any member of staff disobeys any one of these rules, they will be given one strike. If by the end of the year a member of staff has acquired 3 strikes, they will be excluded from the premises until further notice"

"Ok then" Amelia said feeling slightly intimidated by the piece of paper, this place was a lot stricter than she had anticipated.

She checked her watch, reading 12:14, just in time for lunch break. Amelia quickly left the building and headed towards the town centre. The headquarters was extremely close to Leicester Square and decide to head there to grab a bite to eat. Amelia came across a small bakery packed with fresh bread and pastries. She inhaled the scent, making her stomach rumble, walking inside noticing that it was empty. One of the bakers came out from the kitchen to serve her.

"Hello there, what would you like?" A relatively young women asked her, about Amelia's age.

"There's so much to choose from!" Amelia replied looking at all the things in front of her.

"Can I make a suggestion?" The lady asked "A new batch of pasties are just about to come out straight from the oven and personally my favourite is the traditional Cornish one" she pointed.

"I think I'll go for that one please" she smiled being persuaded.

"Good choice!" She replied "Haven't seen you around here before, what's your name?" The lady asked as they waited for the pasty to arrive.

"I'm Amelia, I've just got a job at The London Post. I'm training to become a journalist" She informed her "what's your name?" She asked in return.

"Wow! The London Post! That's top of the range, you must be incredibly clever. I'm Sheila and no I wasn't named after that girl in that book" she said laughing.

"An Inspector Calls" Amelia corrected laughing back. "How long have you lived here?" She asked.

"Ever since I was born, my uncle runs this bakery and he gave me a job when I was 16 and ever since then I've been working here!" Sheila said happily and just on cue, A large tray of fresh hot pasties arrived.

"There you are" Sheila said handing her a pasty in a paper bag as Amelia handed her the correct money.

"Thank you, goodbye!" She said walking out the door.

Amelia searched around to find a peaceful place to sit and came across an empty bench in the park. She blew on her pasty to cool it down before carefully taking a bite. It truly was incredible!

As she sat on the quiet bench, she noticed a poster that seemed familiar and then again and again and again. They were everywhere, in every direction the same bright yellow poster would pop up. Once she had quickly finished her delicious pasty and thrown her bag in a bin, Amelia curiously walked up to the nearest yellow poster to get a closer look at what it was about.

It read:
"The Beatles! Live in London at The Royal Albert Hall on the 15th of September for one night only! Call the number below to purchase your tickets now"

She stood staring at the poster for a good 3 minutes admiring the picture of the famous four boys she had heard about. Amelia then snapped back to reality and checked her watch, 12:58. Time really did go fast. She decided to take the poster with her and ripped it down discreetly to put in her brown leather satchel. Amelia spent about ten minutes strolling around the rest of the town until she needed to head back to her new personal office she adored.

"1:15, just in time!" She said to herself as she closed the door to her office.

She opened her satchel and took out the yellow poster and once again staring at it for a while. This could be her chance. Amelia walked over to her empty cork board and took a push pin to pin up her first paper.

"A poster? Check!" She said giggling to herself looking as if she was music obsessed which technically was true.