•Part 39•

August 12 1966

They arrived back at the hotel they were staying at. The boys each had their own rooms this time instead of sharing one large apartment. The Beatles practically had the whole fifth floor to themselves and Amelia was next door to Pattie and George. After spending the evening eating a luxurious dinner, she unpacked the rest of her belongings and used a travel wash her mother had given her so she could wash her clothes in the sink. This meant she didn't have to pack as many clothes for the tour. Paul laid, loose tied and his shirt fully unbuttoned, reading the latest edition of Rave magazine. Amelia hadn't noticed, until she came out of the bathroom, what he was reading.

"This is very entertaining" he said turning over the page and laughing at the text.

"Indeed, the Monkees were very fun to work with" she said perching on the side of the bed.

As if on queue, the telephone rang in their room. As she was nearest she decided to pick it up, also the lads were strictly forbidden to answer it incase it was a fan.

"Hello, is this Miss Jordan?" A thick posh accent spoke.

"Speaking, who's on the line?" She asked not being able to identify the voice.

"It's Mark from Rave magazine here" he said and she suddenly recognised him.

"Oh Mark. Is everything alright?" She asked thinking it was unusual for him to call her whilst she was on leave.

"Everything is fine back here, how's America?" He asked chirping up slightly.

"It's been interesting but Chicago looks wonderful right now, I can't wait to go to the other places" she said thinking about New York and how excited she was. Amelia was also hoping that Paul would take her site seeing if he had the time of course.

"Mark, why are you calling me at this time?" She asked.

"Oh I do apologise, I got completely distracted" he cleared his throat "Even though you're having time off Miss Jordan, Rave would like you to write an article on the whole American tour with the Beatles. Obviously this means they would be the main subject so we have decided to make it a Beatles USA special".

Amelia felt a combination of emotions. She was ecstatic for the fact the issue was going to be a Beatles special, but she felt slightly annoyed by the fact she was meant to be having a break and she'd just finished the issue about the Monkees.

"Well thank you kindly Mark, I will be delighted to" she said taking the opportunity, she'd desperately wanted to make the Beatles' press more positive for a long time now. If this was the only chance to do this, Amelia was not going to dismiss it.

Mark said a few more non-important comments before ending the call quickly.

"Who was that?" He asked placing the magazine down and pushing his glasses onto his head.

"Mark, from work" she said flopping onto the bed next him.

"What did he bother you about this time?" He said turning over using his elbow to prop himself up.

Amelia sighed "He wants me to write an article about your American tour" she informed him knowing his reaction.

"I thought you were supposed to be having a break" Paul said looking confused.

"I know but they want you it to be a Beatles special issue" she said changing her expression to a more excited one "Paul, this means that the press will finally be positive again! I was not going to waste this chance".

He smiled "Well don't work too hard, I want you to enjoy your time her Lia" Paul draped an arm across her torso.

"I will! I'm with the man I love and friends I love and surround by music I love! How could I not have a great time?" She said making Paul smile.