•Part 5•

September 13th 1963

She arrived just in time at her office as she fell into her seat from exhaustion. She crumpled up the article she was stuck on writing and threw it into the, what was empty, bin now that she had decided what she wanted to do. Amelia quickly pulled out the poster from her satchel, that was beginning to tear at the edges, and took it with her to the phone box in the lobby.

She rummaged around in her pocket for a ten pence piece and eventually pressed the numbers "85628" into the telephone. She stood impatiently hoping the line wasn't closed and after a few rings somebody answered.

"Hello this is The Beatles live at the Royal Albert Hall helpline, can I help you?" A female voice said positively.

"Yes, I was wondering if I could purchase 2 tickets for the concert?" She asked desperately wanting the tickets.

"I'm afraid we have completely sold out but I can suggest another concert they are playing which is in Southampton?" She suggested.

Amelia did not know what to do, she had to go.

"What do you mean..." she started raising her voice noticing people were starting to stare. "But the concert is in 2 days, how can you be sold out?" She asked confused slightly dropping her volume.

"I am terribly sorry, I guess you were just too late! They are incredibly popular after all. Thank you for calling" she said ending the call. Amelia felt no need to say thank you as there was no help.

"Not going then" Wills voice crept up behind her as she stood keeping her hand on the box as everyone went back into the motion of work.

"No unfortunately, I doesn't matter really" She said turning around heading back to her office.

"Good. I can take you to dinner then" he said which made her stop in her tracks.

"I beg your pardon! You hardly know me and you're asking me on a date? Nice try, but I'm really not into men who think they can just take women left, right and centre to dinner whenever they feel like it" she said slamming her door behind her just  as Will tried to have the last word as always. A few staff had heard the commotion and found the situation hilarious making "oooh" noises because she had put him in his place.

She sighed greatly as she rested against the door and leaning her head back. Why was she so worked up about this? It was probably because of on top of the tickets being sold out, Wills act of "flirting" was not helping. Her parents wouldn't have let her go on her own anyway. Then a overwhelming wave of panic came over her, what was she going to write an article about for Sunday's newspaper? It had to be handed in on Saturday to the publisher and it was Thursday. Amelia retrieved her disregarded piece of paper and tried working with it using the knowledge she had about the popularity of classical music. This took her almost 3 hours for her to be pleased with it and her mood had lightened since after lunchtime. A familiar knock sounded just in time as she had finished proof reading her article and she called for him to come in.

"Hey, um, I just wanted to apologise for what happened earlier" Will said walking over to Amelia keeping her head firmly down.

"Well maybe you should think twice before you talk to some like that" she said pretending to do something important with her spare bits of paper.

Will looked at his feet trying to think of something to say "I noticed your absence from second break" was all that he could come up with.

"Well I was busy" she said gesturing to the scattered pieces of paper across her desk.

"You really are one of a kind Amelia" he sighed laughing and shaking his head.

"I try to be!" She said finally looking up at him smirking.

"Will, you're a nice guy but I'm afraid I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment" she said trying to resolve their small tiff earlier.

"Ok that's fine, what are you writing?" He said taking a seat opposite her desk as if he was a member of staff working for her.

"An article for Sunday, well technically Saturday, about how classic music isn't as popular as it used to be which I think is totally ridiculous as it's what started music really" she said justifying her point and Will nodded in agreement.

She paused for a moment as an idea flourished into her mind "actually, are you free on Saturday?" She asked laughing.

"well yes of course" he said curiously.

"I need you to help me with some photographs" She said smiling.

"Anything for you Miss Jordan" He replied and Amelia pulled an expression as to how he knew her last name.

"On the door" she said to herself when she realised "Great, I'll come to your office once I've checked with Mr Miles" Amelia informed him.

"Ok, I better finish my article now if I'm going to help you on Saturday" he said standing up to leave.

"Thank you so much Will, I really need to make a good impression with this one" she said getting up giving him a warm hug. Amelia was always more of an intimate person rather than a formal handshake person.

"Not at all, I guess this is a way of you forgiving me" and with that he left.

She smiled to herself, she couldn't deny it. He was quite handsome and had an interesting personality which she liked. She wasn't into boring people, in fact she had never been "into" any boys when she was younger. She was always too focused on her studies and playing various musical instruments. It was almost time for her to leave so she packed up her things and left for the station.