•Part 21•

August 5th 1965

He led her, hand in hand the whole time, giggling and running, out of the party and to the top of the house. He took her up some metal spiral stairs leading to a flat open rooftop over looking the city of London.

"Paul! This is" she was astonished at the view "this is just breathtaking!" She said still holding his hand firmly.

The wind picked up and her dress blew up slightly making her conscious of where she stood against the breeze.

"It truly is beautiful" he said looking out then back at her enchanting brown eyes. She rested against him placing her head on his chest as he rubbed her back gently.

"Are we together now?" He asked out of the blue.

She looked up at him and gave him a warm smile "Yes" her cares had fled her.

"Finally!" He said suddenly throwing her up into the air and catching her. She yelled and laughed as he caught her like a knight in shining armour.

"you know, I've written songs about you" Paul said smiling.

"Goodness! They must be terrible!" She said joking and he began tickling her making her laugh and wriggle out of his grip then she stood back on the firm roof holding his arms.

"Personally, I think they're the best I've written" he said looking at her once again and a smile grew on her face as she blushed "things we said today, it won't be long, I'll follow the su..."

"You released them!?" She stood back in shock her mouth wide open almost hitting the floor.

"Well of course! Why not?" He said laughing again.

"I've listened to those songs on the radio and I've heard people singing them down my street... even my grandmother has heard them!" She said as if she was in a trance, Paul found the matter hilarious and she was in shock for a good amount of time.

He sighed "your so funny Lia" he said pulling her into a tight hug relaxing her.

"Lia?" She said into his chest.

"Yeah! Like short you know" he said still embracing her.

They stood in the slightly breeze that seemed to have drifted away their thoughts when Amelia noticed something.

"Am I going mad or is there an orchestra playing somewhere?" She asked pulling away and looking around.

"You're correct" he pointed right to a very familiar building.

"The Royal Albert Hall of course!" She said realising.

"Can I have this dance?" Paul asked holding out his hand.

"You may" she said and took it.

They waltz across the rooftop, careful not to hit the chimney pots, to the sound of Beethoven. This was more romantic and joyful than the swaying they did earlier. They spun and traveled to the music they had been brought up by their parents with and couldn't deny the nostalgia laying heavy in the air. It was a clear night showing off the universes most wonderful creations. Amelia loved star gazing as a little girl with her father. They would lay outside on the grass after her bedtime quietly so her mother wouldn't notice. He would tell her stories of what they meant and how they got there.

The love was still thick and whisked them away in their own little world. Amelia closed her eyes feeling a flying sensation building up making her heartbeat race, she had to open them for a second to check she was still on the ground. Thankfully Paul kept his open making sure not to slip or fall down the chimney. For a split moment Amelia wondered if he was incredibly intoxicated and didn't even remember her but it all seemed too real for it to be filled by alcohol. Undoubtedly, they were both slightly tipsy giggling ever now and then as they each said a weird or random comment. The symphony seemed to last a life time but drew to a close around 3:45 in the morning. They clapped and bowed each other once again.

"I love you Paul" she said giving him a hug trying to keep herself warm.

"I love you too Lia" he said and she could feel his smirk behind her making her giggle silently.

"I must get home, I probably won't be back until at least 5:00" she said checking her watch which was difficult in the low light.

"You can stay here if you want? Just for the night of course. There's lots of spare bedrooms to choose" he said leading her back down the steps.

She pondered on the thought, it was rather late to go home and her work was near the house she was at. She'd have to find something clean to wear though.

"Ok then. If it's alright with Brian obviously" she said taking the risk.

"Oh he'll be fine! It's your mother I'm worried about" he said smirking making her bite her lip realising.

They made their way back to the congregation where John, George and Ringo were sat smoking on the balcony and drinking whiskey. Amelia was surprised they were still up at this hour.

"Where've you two been?" George asked puffing out a cloud of smoke like a steam engine.

Paul and Amelia exchanged looks "no where" Paul said and held her hand gently, she relaxed used to his touch already.

"I think I'm going to go to bed" she said looking at Paul and yawned.

"Sounds good, I'll show you to your room" he said holding his arm out like a servant and she linked with him.

Her heals clipped as they walked up the grand marble stairs once again. He led her to the another guest room that looked similar to the one from earlier.

"I think there's a dressing gown in the bathroom if you want to sleep in that" he said wondering what to do about her nightwear.

"I'm sure I can manage" she said smiling falling back dramatically on the bed and sighing. She closed her eyes.

"Goodnight my love" Paul said bending down and kissing her lips gently.

She smiled and heard the door shut, her eyes closed still, and quickly drifted off to sleep not caring about sleeping in her dress. All that was going through her mind was the dance from earlier on the rooftop and memorised the steps playing them over and over again.