•Part 20•

August 5th 1965

They twisted and moved across the dance floor dancing to the upbeat music. Paul's shirt became untucked and his tie was now looser. Amelia couldn't be enjoying as herself as much as she was then. He lifted and jumped around her as she joined in getting more lost in the amazing music.

"You're a brilliant dancer!" Paul said in her ear.

"Pardon?" She said unable to hear him over the loud music.

"I said you're a brilliant dancer!" He shouted over the noise.

"Why thank you!" She said back in his ear making the hairs on his neck stand on end from her cool breath.

Suddenly Ringo jumped between them interrupting their conversation.

"Hey Amelia, you've got to learn this move!" He yelled and started bobbing his head up and down as he moved his arms in a comical motion.

George and John had arrived out of nowhere too and soon they were all doing this ridiculous dance move that started attracting attention from the guests. The clapped in time with the music creating a circle around them and they flipped their hair. Amelia know she was probably looking stupid but she was having the time of her life laughing and dancing with her favourite people. The song ended and everyone cheered for them applauding and they bowed. Amelia's ears pricked up at the sound of a recognisable tune, at least to her and Paul, which was Unforgettable by Nat King Cole.

Her hands found their way into his with one arm around her petite waist. They started off swaying too nervous to look at each other but slowly their eyes crept up and met. Her heart melted in a second at the sight of his sickly sweet face. He turned her and bought her back into hold as they marinaded in romance. The air was hot but full of love between the pair. Yet again, even though they weren't talking it was easy for them to see that something was happening between them. The music persuaded her to fall deeper in love with Paul and so she did resting her slightly sweaty forehead onto his. Amelia imagined that everyone had located a partner and were all doing the same so she relaxed in his warm embrace. They closed their eyes and let the thoughts run away with them and Paul sang softly in her ear just for her.

Unforgettable in every way
And forever more, that's how you'll stay
That's why, darling, it's incredible

The words perfectly described what he thought of Amelia and she noticed. She was truly unforgettable. Paul had never met such a confident and unique person like her nor had anyone else who knew her. But he himself was unforgettable, at least to her. The way he talked about music complimented hers and she really believed he was perfect for her. She knew that it would have to work out some way or another. A tear of happiness fell from her and she couldn't contain her emotions. This moment was special to them, one that every person should cherish. This moment secured her decision that she was going to go with him, she trusted him and understood every little thing he spoke. Everything that had happened in her past relationship fled from her mind and all she thought about was positive.

That someone so unforgettable
Thinks that I am unforgettable too

She sang the last lines perfectly in tune and looked up at his smiling expression. Instantly they made contact with their lips and the shots were released throughout their close bodies passing through one another. The kiss was also unforgettable to them and they never wanted to end. Hot love emotions poured out of them and evaporated into the dark atmosphere of the room. They were suddenly broken apart by an abrupt applause from the guests who had been watching the whole time. Amelia's insides turned realising that nobody was doing what she had envisioned. Ringo was sat next to a girl that she hadn't seen at all at the party earlier and the same with George, John was probably still talking to his producer or another journalist.

"What time is it?" Paul asked as he led her back to a seat next to the dance floor as people stood again and danced to some more upbeat music.

"Goodness its nearly midnight" she said gasping.

"Is it past your bed time?" He said pouting making her laugh slightly.

"No!" She replied hitting his shoulder lightly, she felt like she was a new person after that moment.

"Let's go then" he said taking her hand and running out of the room and past the bar.

"Where!" She said excitedly and slightly confused.

"You'll see" he said turning back to look at her giving her a reassuring smile making trust him even more.

~~~
the next part is probably on of my faves ahhh so excited for you to read it

let me know which parts you've particularly enjoyed;))