•Part 40•

August 17 1966

They were now half way through the tour and on a plane to Canada. The shows hadn't calm down like they had anticipated, in fact they may have gotten worse. The Beatles hadn't had a break in a week and have been playing non stop whilst traveling. Exhausted was an understatement for how Amelia was feeling at that point in time and she wasn't even playing the shows. She leaned back in her seat and grabbed her camera from her hand luggage as she decided to take some pictures. This reminded her to take some more photographs at the concerts to come, especially in the large venues, and in the dressing room for the magazine.

She took a quick snapshot of Ringo who was asleep in a rather uncomfortable looking position which made her giggle. She wondered around the cabin some more and spotted John and Cynthia talking about some thing from the newspaper.

After taking a snap shot she made her way to the end of the isle towards the toilets, which were slightly more luxurious than the average plane lavatories

After taking a snap shot she made her way to the end of the isle towards the toilets, which were slightly more luxurious than the average plane lavatories. When she was finished, Amelia sat back down next Paul who wrapped his arm around her and kissed the top of her head.

A flash stunned the pair as Ringo took his own photograph of them.

"I can see that you're awake now" she said relaxing back into his embrace and laughing a little.

"Yes. And I can guarantee that you took photos of me asleep so I'm getting you back" he said smiling proudly like a child.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are now arriving in Toronto. Please fasten your seatbelts and make sure you take all your personal belongings with you as you leave the aircraft. We hope you enjoyed your flight and have a great show" a man on the intercom said.

Soon they were queuing to leave the plane,

"Now boys, you'll have to wait on the steps as the press take photographs and don't leave until the car arrives ok?" Brian instructed and everyone nodded.

The door was flung open and by the sounds of it, there were a large number of people awaiting their appearance. Amelia couldn't see until she was actually outside the masses of people waving and screaming and photographing.

She held her camera and took photographs from her point of view instead and zoomed in on some of girls who were extremely hysterical. Amelia also took some shots of the boys as she was behind Paul, she almost had one foot still on the plane along with the rest of the girls. The car soon pulled up against the stairs and everyone rushed in. Amelia missed a step almost fell onto Paul who quickly reacted and held her steady.

"You alright love" he said and she nodded a little flustered by the surroundings.

The walk down the steep stairs seemed to last a life time and started to feel as if the crowd was closing in on her. Her chest quickly tightened and found it difficult to breath. She then had to stumble into the car without collapsing and finally sat down. Amelia's breathing escalated and was now panicking. Words and sounds were heighten as they were flung around her brain in a complete mess. For a moment she couldn't remember where she was or why she was there. A hot and cold wave flooded her body and she began to shake uncontrollably.

"Lia, are you sure you're alright?" Paul asked again but this time she couldn't respond.

It was like how mouth was tapped shut and wasn't able to get the words out. Her eyes started to close and she could feel people rushing around her.

"We need a doctor right now, please somebody help!" Paul shouted and that was the last thing she heard.

***

A bright light woke her from the blackness she had experienced what felt like a few seconds ago. It took a while for her eyes to adjust from the very different lighting and soon discovered she was in a hospital. Amelia sat bolt up right trying to recollect all that had happened but was quickly told to relax by a smooth and calming voice.

"It's ok Lia, you're alright now everything's fine" Paul said stroking her arm as she layer back down.

"My head is pounding Paul, what happened to me?" She asked holding her forehead in pain.

"Here this will help," he said placing a cold flannel on her head to ease the pain "you collapsed just as we got into the car leaving the airport".

She nodded slowly as she remembered the chaos that was surrounding her.

"Paul I'm not really sure what happened to me, I just felt so anxious" she said beginning to feel concerned about her health.

"It's natural Lia, you were just a bit overwhelmed by the situation" he said reassuring her again.

In fact it wasn't the first time she'd been overwhelmed by the tour, but not as bad as this.

"I'm sorry Paul" she said letting lose tear roll down her face.

"What for love? I'm not angry with you" he said coming closer and sitting on the bed.

"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. This tour has been a whirlwind for me and I don't know how long I can handle this sort of lifestyle for" she finally making eye contact with him, he felt guilty for her feeling this way and she could read him like a book.

"Oh Paul, please don't think it's your fault! I promise you it isn't but everything is just a bit too much at the moment" she said holding his hand and he smiled.

"You're a fighter Lia. You can do this I'm sure of it, you get some rest for a few days before we do the last leg of the tour" he said and she nodded knowing there was only a week left.

She nodded but didn't want to fully make a promise in case something did happen. Paul leant down and stroked her forehead before kissing her.

"I love you Lia" he said close to her face.

"I love you too Paulie" she smiled.

"Now, I must go. As much as I'd love to stay in this building I have a show to do. Try and get as much rest as you can and I don't want to hear you've been running around like a child" he said smiling half serious, half jokingly.

She laughed "I won't" now that was something she could promise "have a brilliant show!" She said and he waved leaving her.