•Part 4•

September 13th 1963

It had been two days since Amelia had become part of The London Post. Yesterday she was hoping to see William again but he was nowhere to be seen. There was a sudden knock at her door around 11:45, just after her first break.

"Come in" she said cheerfully.

"Hi there" a deep male voice said. Amelia didn't know who it was until she raised her head from her writing.

"Good morning William! Where have you been?" She asked taking off her brown glasses wondering why he wasn't at work yesterday.

"Oh I do apologise, I had an awful migraine" He said straightening his suit whilst holding a few pieces of paper.

"Ahh that sounds annoying, um, is there something you wanted?" She questioned resting her elbows onto the desk and chewing the end of her glasses.

"I have the finished photos of you want to have a look, I've only just finished them but here" he said handed them over to her.

"Wow these are incredible" she said studying the camera angle "its a shame the newspaper isn't in colour" Amelia added.

"I know, I might even keep these ones" he continued as she handed them back to William.

"Do you not keep them usually?" She asked shocked.

"No not really, they take up space, but occasionally I do if I particularly like them" he said.

"Well I haven't really got anything to show you in return" she said checking her desk.

"That's fine, I've got to get back anyway. See you later" He said.

"Ok, bye" she said and he turned as she placed her glasses back on. Then she noticed William had stopped looking in the direction of the poster.

"You like the Beatles?" He asked laughing slightly.

"Yes I do, well I wouldn't say I'm a fan but I think their music is brilliant from what I've heard" she replied and he continued laughing.

"Right. You know, they are only going to be around for a few months then suddenly go unheard of?" He said.

"No I don't believe that, they are new and dynamic just which is just what this country, and the world, needs." Amelia said becoming slightly angry with his agitating comments.

"Whatever you say Amelia! You can call me Will by the way" he said smirking and finally left.

She rolled her eyes, Amelia had only heard a few of their songs but still liked the fact they were different. Most people just liked them because of the members' good looks but she had never seen them until the poster. She pushed that situation out of her head and carried on working. Amelia had started writing a column about his classical music was dying down but the vibrant yellow poster was glaring at her. It was as if it wanted to be noticed and talked about. She kept trying to work but the poster would keep coming back into mind and made her feel quite on edge. Then the bell rang and she was dismissed for lunch taking the poster with her. She stormed out and down the straight to the bakery to find Sheila.

"Do you know who these people are?" She said slamming the yellow poster in her face without even saying hello, as usual the bakery was empty so she didn't care.

"Well The Beatles of course!" She said reading the piece of paper.

"Yes I know that but do you like them?" She asked determined to get an answer out of her.

"Of course they are just gorgeous and they are so talented" Shelia said having to fan herself "I mean just look at John isn't he a dream!" She said pointing at his grinning face.

Amelia sighed and apologised for her outburst.

"Do you think they are the next big thing?" She said.

"Oh definitely, all the girls are obsessed with them." She said and Amelia looked down at her  patent shoes feeling embarrassed.

"You do know them don't you?" Sheila asked.

"Not in detail, I mean I've heard a few of their songs on the radio but I hadn't seen what they looked like until this poster showed up" she said bitting her lip.

"Amelia! Your going to be the most famous MUSIC journalist and you don't know these guys!?" She said shocked whilst giggling and Amelia felt ashamed of her lack of knowledge about them.

"I have so much to teach you come on" she said gesturing for her to come to the back with her.

"But what about my lunch?" Amelia asked.

"Oh I'll get you your lunch! Just come round here and I'll teach you everything I know!" Sheila said smiling practically cutting her off with her excitement.

They sat in a small office that was Sheila's uncles' and she educated Amelia on all she needed to know about them whilst eating her pastie. It was almost time for her to leave when Sheila decided to quiz her on the members names.

"Ok" she said taking a deep breath "John Lennon, George Harrison, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr?" She said hanging on the last name as she pointed to each person on the poster.

"Correct!" Sheila said and they clapped their hands proudly.

"Is it really true that Paul can count backwards from 2,000 to 1 faster than any other human?" She asked giggling thinking it was totally made up.

"Yes! At least that's what I've heard from my friends" she said.

"Anyway, why do you even have that poster?" She asked holding it.

"Well I was tossing between the idea of going or not to the concert, and as they are a new phenomenon and maybe I could write an article about them" she informed her "and because of this "Beatlemania", you have so kindly informed me with, is newly arising I thought I'd go for research as I haven't seen any articles about their rise to fame yet" She continued.

"I think you should go, it would be a great opportunity" Sheila said and handed me the poster back.

"Are you going to go?" Amelia asked.

"I'd love to but I have no money for tickets as I'm paying rent for my flat and this job doesn't pay greatly!" She said whispering.

Amelia quickly thanked her for the lesson and ran back to her office so that she wasn't late.