•Part 15•

August 2nd 1965

"You seem happier" Sheila said bringing out some trays of fresh pastries.

"Well, I am. I have been given a new assignment" she said proudly.

"Ooh exciting! What is it?" She said intrigued leaning over the counter.

"I don't actually know? I think it's some sort of 'surprise' Mr Miles has set up for me so I have no idea what I'm meant to be writing about" she said and they laughed.

"Anyway. Where my pastie!" Amelia said pretending to be impatient even though she was slightly.

"Here you go!" Sheila said handing her a paper bag "when is your assignment?" She said before she left.

"Friday!" She said calling from the door frame.

Yet again she had time to kill, so she went to her safe place. The record store. Finally she could purchase all of the Beatles records that she had only heard at Rachel's house and now she had copies of her own. They were brand new and spotless. She smelt them and took in the amazing familia musky scent.

Amelia had bought in her record player recently to her office so she could listen to music while she worked but only quietly as it was probably prohibited

Amelia had bought in her record player recently to her office so she could listen to music while she worked but only quietly as it was probably prohibited. She filled some loose paper work and finished some other sheets of paper she had to fill in from when she had not been at work. Then she was let home early as there wasn't much needed to be done.

She quickly rushed home remembering that David was probably still distraught by the sudden end to his relationship with Karen. When she arrived mum was already with him in the living room holding a saucer and a hot cup of tea.

"I got home as soon as I could" Amelia said hanging her scarf around the banister of the stairs and took off her coat.

"Thank you Amelia, I'm feeling a lot better actually now that mums here" he said.

She sat down quietly next to him as her Mother looked at him worriedly.

"Well, to brighten the mood, I have a new secret assignment on Friday" she said trying to start a conversation.

"Oh that's nice" Her mother replied and took a small sip of tea.

"Where's Lisa? Shouldn't she be back from school by now?" She said checking the time.

"Yes she should actually" and her mother stood to peer out of the window "ah, she is over on the corner with one of her friends again" she said and sat back down.

Time passed and mother made some more tea for both of them until they were jumped by an excited presence.

"Guess what!" Lisa said throwing her bag on the floor.

"What? What is it!" Amelia said.

"I've got the lead role in our school play!!" She said and jumped up and down passing mother a letter about the performance.

"Oh how lovely! Well done dear" she said hugging her.

"When is the performance?" David asked.

"On Friday I can't wait!" She said smiling again and Amelia's face sank "what's wrong?" She asked.

"I'm so sorry Lisa, I'm busy on Friday. I have a new assignment to do..."

"Ugh you always have something to do! Why are you so busy? You don't leave the house for ages and then when something comes up, you are!" She said angrily butting in.

"Lisa I beg your pardon! Go to your room now!" Mother ordered and she stormed off.

There was a long awkward pause, she truly wanted to see Lisa's play but this assignment seemed so important for some reason. She left for her room and took her things with her. She placed on Please Please Me record and listened to both sides. Even though it was full of covers, they were all incredible and unique. She jumped up and danced to I Saw Here Standing There shaking the house slightly. Once the track had finished she decided to put on a more relaxing record by Andy Williams called Moon River and it was the only music both she and her parents enjoyed. It was probably Amelia's favourite of his as it reminded her of her Grandmother.

 It was probably Amelia's favourite of his as it reminded her of her Grandmother

(i know it was released in 1962 but let's pretend it was earlier than that ;))

They would spend hours waltzing around her living room while she was supposed to be babysitting her. David and Lisa weren't born yet which just left her and her grandmother. She was the only one in her family who understood music like she did and which is probably where she got her passion from. They were exactly the same but her memory was falling apart and she couldn't recognise Amelia now that she had been to university and got herself a job which caused her to not see her as much. An idea sprung out amongst her small messy bedroom and she turned off the record player and placed the vinyl back into its sleeve and ran down stairs.

"Amelia! You should be careful down those stairs, how many times do I have to tell you!" Her mother shouted hearing her frantic footsteps from the kitchen.

"Mother, I'm just going to see Grandma. I'll be back by dinner" she said quickly putting on her shoes completely ignoring her mothers comment.

"Oh Amelia I wouldn't, she's very frail darling. Besides she doesn't know who we are anymore" she said as she stirred a pot.

"That's doesn't mean we should just block her out of our lives! We should be there for her" she said looking at her from the short corridor.

"I know, I'm sorry dear. I just don't want you to be upset that's all" she said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Wait!" She said and ran back up the stairs which made her mother shake her head. Amelia grabbed her Beatles For Sale record to get her grandmothers approval and came back down, running once again.

"Goodbye Mother" Amelia said and put up her umbrella to protect herself from the cold rain.

She shoved the record under coat to prevent it from getting damaged, and walked down to her house on the sea front. It seemed dark in her house which sort of intimidated her, her house didn't seem homely anymore. As if all the colour had been washed out of it or maybe it was just the rain.