•Part 23•

August 6th 1965

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! RISE AND SHI...!" John, George and Ringo yelled banging pots and pans with wooden spoons from the kitchen but were stopped when they found the pair tangled together.

"You guys look like you had fun" George said as Amelia adjusted to the light and commotion.

She gasped as Paul's body wrapped around hers and her hair around his face in a tangled mess, they suddenly moved apart realising how close they were.

"Honestly it's not what it looks like!" She exclaimed sitting bolt upright.

"We'll leave you to it" Ringo said walking back behind the door.

"Oh and its 9:30" John smirked and shut the door.

"Oh my word!" She shouted and jumped out of bed sprinting straight back to her room.

She frantically packed her minimal amount of belongings, throwing on yesterday's clothes which she checked had no stains on it from yesterday and ran out the door straight after she brushed her teeth, there was always time for that. Amelia fell onto the street and was only a few centimetres from the front door when she heard Paul shout.

"Where you off to Lia?" He yelled from his balcony, the same one from last night.

"Work? What do you think!" She said stopping and looking up.

"Well good morning would've been nice" he joked resting his arms on the metal railings.

"I'm going to be late!" She said flailing her arms up.

"When will I see you again?" He asked.

"Oh for goodness sake this isn't Romeo and Juliet! I'll see you at lunch time" she said and ran down the road as fast as her heels could carry her.

"PARTING IS SUCH SWEET SORROW!" He yelled as she turned left to the newspaper headquarters making her laugh out loud as she hurried down the road.

After just a few minutes of heavy panting and ankle twisting, she arrived only an hour and forty five minutes late. She was immediately greeted by a very unhappy looking Mr Miles.

"Sir I'm ever so sorry! I lost track of the time. I promise I'll never do this again" she rushed flattening her hair down realising she hadn't even touched it that morning.

Mr Miles' stern look crept into a smile "no problem at all, I knew this would happen" he said chuckling.

The realisation hit her like a brick remembering why he hadn't told her what he assignment was "oh I see! Well I did take some great photographs" she said ready to pull out her camera but couldn't find it anywhere.

"I think I've left my camera there" she gasped panicking about her pictures.

"I'll be expecting the full report to be completed by next Friday ready to be published the following day" he said and walked past her briskly.

She sighed with great relief as Rachel rushed over to her.

"How on earth did you get away with that?" She said confused.

"Away with what?" Amelia replied.

"With looking like you've woken up on the wrong side of the bed and arrive over an hour late!" She said shocked out of her mind.

"Oh I don't know! I guess I'm just... lucky!" She said and made her way to her office.

"So" she said sitting in a chair in front of her "what was your assignment!" She said excitedly and resting her bony elbows on her desk.

"Well" Amelia said taking a deep breath "at first I had no idea as I was running late but I was shown to a conference room" Rachel just nodded her head and waited in anticipation.

"Then I noticed four young looking men sat on a long table and the room was full of men may I add" she said and Rachel gasped.

"It wasn't the Beatles was it?" She said eyes wide.

"It was" she said and Rachel bolted out of her seat and started jumping up and down as if she had met them.

"Turns out, I was at a press conference for their new motion picture and soundtrack called Help" she said raising her eyebrows proudly.

"Oh my lord! Amelia! This is serious business" she said pacing around her office.

"I know, it's getting ridiculous!" She said laughing.

"Your dealing with celebrities now! Actual famous people who make millions and have nice cars" she said making Amelia laugh again.

"You'll never guess who I saw" she said remembering what else had happened that night.

"Who?" She said finally sitting back down again.

"Karen." She said and Rachel's face fell to the floor.

"No! What on earth was she doing there?" She said shocked.

"She was having an affair with John" she said stiffening slightly.

"Well that explains a lot" she said.

"I still can't believe she would do something like this" Amelia said rubbing her forehead.

"You should tell Sheila it's nearly lunch time anyway" Rachel said checking her watch and Amelia did in return "oh did you talk to Paul at all?" She asked.

She smiled "Yes. Yes I did" and nodded slowly and Rachel knew exactly what had happened.

"I knew it! I knew this was going to happen! Just wait until the fans find out!" She said grinning as much as her.

"It was... magical!" She said sounding ever so cliche but then her face dropped. "What's my mother going to think? She'll kill me!" She gasped realsing.

"Amelia! Your an adult! You can make your own choices now!" Rachel said shaking her shoulders to pull her together "think about how happy you were with him" she said and Amelia was flown back to their night on the rooftop.

She replayed the footsteps and turns they did as they ways across the gravel and looking at the streets far below them. She then fast forwarded to when they saw Eleanor for the first time. Maybe, she thought, she would be there again. Waiting at the side of the pavement just like the night before.

"Amelia. Amelia!" Rachel shouted and snapping her fingers in front of her eyes.

"Is it time for lunch?" She asked and she nodded.