•Part 36•

April 3rd 1966

It was a few days after the recording session at Abbey Road Studios, George Martin had trusted her decision and asked her to come hear the track the next day. After listening, everyone knew it was the best version of "She Said She Said" there was ever going to exist. As Amelia sat in her office, almost finishing the article that had been paused at times from Paul asking her to come back to the studio, her telephone rang once again. She picked up the phone knowing exactly who it was going to be and stood by the window seeing his figure in the same place.

"I wonder what it is now" she said sarcastically and laughed.

"I need you to come to the studio" he demanded.

"Oh what a surprise! I'm sorry Paul but I can't just come everyday to see you. After all we do live together" she told him.

"It's not me, it's George. He wants to talk to you about a track we are about to record" he said and Amelia's eyes widened.

"What could I possibly do?" She asked wondering why their producer wanted her help.

"I have no idea, I don't even know what track he wants to discuss! Apparently it's something to do with arrangements or something" he informed her.

She left a gap of thought, skimming through all the things she had to get done. She hummed to herself. She had to finish the article then draw a draft for the cover which usually took the majority of her evening.

"I'll check if I am vacant Mr McCartney for this kind offer of yours, and if I have time I will accompany your fabulous record producer in whatever masterpiece he is creating" she said formally knowing that it would make him laugh, and she was correct.

"Well thank you dearly for your time Miss Jordan, I will report back to the producer himself to tell him to good news" he replied matching her tone making her laugh in turn.

"Hey! Paul! I'm not promising anything ok?" She said seriously.

"I know I know love, keep working hard. I'll see you later hopefully" he said.

"I'll try! Goodbye love" Amelia smiled through the window and waved as she placed the phone down.

She sighed as she sat back in her comfy desk chair and sipped her tea that now wasn't so hot. Amelia glanced at the clock above her, 3:45, she finished work at five o'clock so there wasn't a great deal of time left. After finishing her tea, she set her mind in full focus mode and stormed down all that she had for the article. Within forty five minutes, the article was complete. All she had to do was draft the front cover for it to be checked then eventually published.

A few days previous, Amelia was sent a few photographs from a photo shoot with Davy Jones from The Monkees. She opened the envelope, careful not to rip the pictures, and skimmed through each one. Her decision had be correct otherwise the title could be placed it in the wrong section. She found the perfect one where the writing and captions would all fit perfectly. She used some masking tape on the corners to sick it to a large white board where she could make annotations without actually drawing on it.

Her clock struck 5:00 signalling the time to leave. She gathered her things and left straight for the studio. She decided that she would have to sketch the draft cover in between takes so that she could finish it, after all it was due for tomorrow. It was raining cats and dogs outside so she pulled her black handle umbrella out of her draw and braced herself for the rain.

As soon as she entered the studio she noticed her stool was already put out for her. Amelia propped her soggy umbrella against the wall and sat down.

"Hello Amelia, glad you could make it" George said and reached for the button "Paul" he said making his head snap up. George directed his head towards her making him smile and she waved.

"Now, we have quite a... unique song let's say and I know how great you are with coming up with something to make songs different but not bad" he said and she smiled "she ill play you what we have so far"

He was right, the song was definitely unique. The song was titled I'm Only Sleeping and one part really stood out to Amelia. Ideas were flowing out of her so quickly she didn't know what to focus on. Soon, the demo ended and George left a gal for her to tell what to do.

"There's section of guitar isn't there when John says "Yawn Paul" and the guitar plays, can we try it backwards do you think? Just to really enhance the yawning effect" She suggested and Paul and John exchanged looks then back to George next to her.

Someone on his team shot up and rewound the tape, sliced it and placed it backwards to see what it would sound like. Amelia wanted to cross her fingers in the hope that this wasn't a ludicrous idea. George pressed play and the section arrived, the anticipation was heavy in everyone. Paul gave her a reassuring smile as she leant in to focus on the new arrangement. And as Paul and John and practically everyone present had suspected, it sounded perfect.

"I told you" Paul said talking into the microphone "she's a genius" and George applauded her, she stood and took a bow laughing at the surreal moment.

"Keep it flowing Amelia" George encouraged and so she did.

She added a few more sections of backwards guitar to the mix and was taught how to edit tracks, it was fascinating. Once that song was finally finished they listened it over and over again because of how great it was. The next one that they wanted to record was called "Good Day Sunshine" which Paul had played for her and was already one of her favourites.

"So..." she started and held her hands up trying to put her ideas into words "I think we need a piano riff".

She rubbed her smooth chin deep in thought trying to create a tune in her mind. But this was not something that could be completed mentally,

"One second" she said holding the intercom button jumping out of her seat.

Everyone there was unsure of what she was about to do or where she was going.