•Part 9•

November 4th 1963

She entered a large hall with high ceilings and marble floor. Another glass of champagne was handed to her but she refused controlling herself. She smiled and took in her surroundings. All the acts were there from the performance and other journalists apart from The Beatles.

"So what company are you part of?" A small man said to her making her jump slightly.

"Oh I'm working for The London Post" she said taken off guard.

"I'm working for The Pigeon, very famous I'm sure you've heard of it. Established in 1763 by a man called..." and he went on and on and on until Amelia realised that he wasn't going to stop. He was a man full of himself and down right snob. She couldn't leave he would just follow her, she continued to nod and forced herself to look interested as it was the polite thing to do.

"Excuse me Sir but I'm afraid I need to have a chat with this one" a bright familiar voice said behind her and she flew around noticing it was the man who had come to her rescue.

"Yes...it's time for... your interview!" She came up with as an excuse and then left swiftly to the other side of the hall as she followed him.

"Thank you ever so much, I don't think I could've bared listening to that silly little man for any longer" she said looking up to Paul, he looked even more handsome close up.

"I'm Amelia Jordan" she said holding her hand out to him as he kissed it with his soft lips.

"Paul McCartney" he said smiling back at her.

"Where's the rest of your party?" She asked.

"Probably being interviewed by other journalist" he said looking down at her badge.

"Oh yes, shall we start yours?" She says smirking slightly and he winked going along with her. This was great for Amelia as this would be perfect for her article.

"First question. Did you enjoy tonight's performance?" She asked to get the ball rolling.

"Indeed. It went a lot better than in rehearsals and considering we had royalty in the audience I thought it would've gone horribly wrong" he said with a nervous laugh.

"Who picked the songs?" She questioned partly interested but main for her column.

"Well it was a combined effort of John and I" he said.

"And why did you chose to do a cover?" She asked smiling remembering that great moment from nearly an hour ago.

"I believe it was my idea really, but George and I really loved that song and we thought it had great lyrics. And I meant it when I sang it tonight" he said smiling and looking down at his shot of whiskey in his large hands.

Amelia felt the same hot rush from earlier when Paul had made contact, he meant it? What was that supposed to mean? He was singing it at somebody in the audience? Then she realised what he meant and remembered that they were singing it each other.

But did she mean it?

She laughed nervously but continued pushing for answers "is it true that you can count backwards from 2,000 to 1 faster than any other human?" She said laughing a little reciting her knowledge that Sheila had informed her on a while ago.