•Part 11•

November 10th 1963

"The Beatles began playing their first song of the evening, From Me To You, before the curtains had even opened. After the final chord of the triumph John Lennon and Paul McCartney moved their microphone stands nearer the edge of the stage to be closer to the audience creating an intimate atmosphere.

The group bowed to a large round of applause at the end of the second famous hit, She Loves You, followed by McCartney making a nervous joke about Sophie Tucker being their "favourite American group". They continued with a performance of Till There Was You which was also a success with the crowd.

When the audience died down John Lennon made a comedic comment;

"For our last number I'd like to ask your help. The people in the cheaper seats clap your hands. And the rest of you, if you'd just rattle your jewellery. We'd like to sing a song called Twist And Shout"

At the end of the song Ringo joined the rest of the group centre stage and the curtain closed behind them. They bowed, firstly to the audience, then to the royal box of course, before running off the stage smiling greatly.

The whole evening was a success and I managed to talk with Paul McCartney himself at the after party;

"It went a lot better than in rehearsals and considering we had royalty in the audience I thought it would've gone horribly wrong"

He then went on to say that the choice of songs was a joint effort of both his and Johns ideas. Paul later commented that George and himself adored the song Till There Was You, both lyrically and melodically, and demanded it was put into their set.

Overall, the night had gone down a storm and all the acts featured at the performance were top class and fit for royalty. I hope to return next year and see the new talents that have evolved."

Amelia proof read her work and made a couple of changes until she was satisfied and ready for it to be printed for the next morning. All she had to do now was print the photographs from Monday to be included in her article. Amelia swiftly made her way over to Wills office shortly after she had handed in her completed article for him to print for her.

"William!!" she called pretending to be Mr Bendall.

"Come in Sir" he said clearing his throat.

"its only me" she said popping her head in through the door frame before her actual body and he let out a huge sigh of relief.

"photographs?" he said as she handed the run film over to him to examine.

"indeed. with your expert guidance of cause" she said smiling.

"Ill review them tonight and send them off to the printing company, if they are satisfactory' Will said looking up and smirking.

"So" he said opening his draw beside him and placed the photographs in "how was the show?" he continued resting his chin on top of his knuckles.

"it was amazing and very entertaining" she said taking a seat in front of him.

"And, did you meet the Beatles?" he said raising an eyebrow in doubt.

"yes i did actually" she said smugly and his face looked shocked for second but composed himself "and i interviewed Paul" she said proudly which contrasted from a few days ago when she was talking to Sheila about the moment.

"oh... great" he said finding something to do with his hands.

Amelia being her cunning and detecting self realised he seemed a little agitated by her encounter.

"you're not, jealous are you" she said smirking back at him making him feel even more uncomfortable.

"No! why would i?" he quickly snapped back "i just... don't want him to take advantage of you thats all" he continued.

"why would he do that?" she said seriously at his comment.

"because... you're young and annoyingly confident! which may seem attractive to some people" he said finally making eye contact with her confused face.

"well thank you but i don't think somebody of his status would be interested in someone like me" she said standing up too quickly going starry-eyed but paused having a flash back from Mondays encounter with Paul in the record store. Amelia began to think twice about her conversation and her heartbeat increased. She realised that she was feeling something different and new for the first time. She was a little unsure to begin with but she couldn't deny her feelings for him. Amelia was in love.

"oh my word" she muttered with her back to Will.

"what?" he questioned like Sheila.

"i think I've made a mistake" She said and rushed out of the door before Will could catch her.

She ran back to her office and started frantically packing her things throwing papers and pens into her bag until she made eye contact with the clock. How could she leave? He was in Germany! Theres no way she could find him. She gently placed her belongings down onto he desk and walked over to the bright yellow poster that was still up on her cork board amongst other pieces of paper. She ran her fingers lightly over Pauls happy face and she smiled letting a tear roll down her face. Thats it. She had missed her chance, he was gone. The one time someone had fallen for her not just for her looks but for her passion and she didn't take the plunge. Amelia rested her sweaty forehead against the poster letting out a small sob and discreetly letting her emotions out.

"its ok Amelia, he's just a boy. like everyone else, like Will. He's just a silly stupid irresponsible lad from Liverpool" Rachel's voice crept in and she turned to hug her .

"you're right" she said realising her hysterical state and pulled herself together "why did i even care" she finished and they stood in their warm embrace until she had collected emotions and placed them back in their place.