•Part 17•

August 5th 1965

The day had arrived for Amelia's secret mission. She wore a grey blazer with a white blouse underneath and a matching skater skirt with brown leather shoes. She looked very sophisticated but exciting at the same time. She packed her notebook and camera into her satchel and headed for the train station. She read the address over and over trying to find a clue somewhere that would tell her what it was going to be about. Her mother had packed her a sandwich as there was no connotation as to weather there was going to be food there. A man dressed immaculately arrived onto the train with a brief case and a small portable radio. He sat on the seat opposite her in the carriage. It seemed dull and too quiet.

"Sorry but do you mind if I put on my radio?" He asked much to Amelia's gladness.

"Of course" she said and smiled at the gentleman and he turned the dial connecting to a station.

"...releasing tomorrow. Here's a sneak peak from their new record..." the radio faded in and out again.

She checked the time, 5:25. She was going to be late. The train came to a halt and Amelia immediately jumped off with nerves trying to get to her destination as soon as possible. She couldn't wait any longer and was intrigued to find out what her assignment was, she almost felt like a secret agent. Again, she pulled out the address and made her way to number 24 Chappel Street.

Mr Miles had reminded her before she left to show her journalist identification to someone of the door and she did so with great ease and was allowed in. It was now 5:40. The reception was long and wide but empty. She could here a few people talking but she was unable to work out what the voices were saying or who they were coming from. As she walked closer a large laugh from what seemed to her a big group of men was let out. She felt slightly intimidated but kept her head high as walked into a conference room. Amelia sneaked in quietly trying not to disturb the conference when she noticed a long table at the opposite end of the room with four gentlemen sat with microphones and cigarettes. She crept in behind the crowd but couldn't see very well so she stepped closer when she realised who was being interviewed.

There they were. Again but slightly older looking and had longer hair. Her heart stopped when her eyes landed on Paul's face and she her face dropped. Her head fell and she kept it there instantly wanting to be unnoticed. Why was she acting like this? After all this time of dreaming of seeing him again and she was... afraid! She dared to look up again and when she did his eyes were on hers in shock. The others were busy talking but Paul looked as if he was in a trance. She gave a small smile finally giving into her emotions and he smiled gently back, it was easy for her to be noticed as she was the only female in the room from what she could see.

"Paul?" Nudged Ringo bring his focus back.

"Huh? Oh right sorry" he said letting out a nervous laugh.

"What's your favourite song from the album?" An interviewer asked.

"Probably Yesterday, it means" he said looking back at Amelia "a lot to me" and she smiled teeth and all.

"John! What's it like making another film?" Another journalist asked.

"It's great, I've always wanted to be a movie star" he said pretending to flutter his eyelashes which made everyone giggle. There was a short pause giving her the opportunity to jump in with the interviewers.

"Paul, recently you were spotted in Sweden with Måddan from The Plommons. Is a secret relationship occurring?" Amelia asked with a smirk and her left eyebrow raised. The men noticed they were slightly taken off guard and intimidated by her. At this very moment the rest of the boys remembered who she was and they all turned to Paul.

"No actually, we're just good friends" He said and winked her making her smile wanting to laugh.

More questions rolled in about the making of the film but they all seemed the same except for Amelia's. George, John and Ringo all carried on normally whereas Paul continued to converse with Amelia through facial expressions, just like they did back in 1963. Wow, it had been that long?

"Ok, final questions everybody" a voice shouted above the commotion and this gave her the perfect opportunity to take a photo of them being interviewed.

"George! Do you enjoy having more of your songs on albums now?" Someone asked from the opposite end of the room.

"Yeah I do, I'm might take over the albums if I'm not careful" he said and they laughed.

A few more questions were asked and the congregation were ushered to their seats to watch the film Help for the first time. The film wasn't actually due to be released until tomorrow but by now she knew that this was a press event for it. A small part of her hoped that The Beatles would come sit with her but were quickly directed to a reserved section near the front by security, much to Amelia's disappointment.

It was clear the boys were stoned for the majority of the new release which made it more comical to her. She saw a different side to Paul and the others causing her to have a different view on them. However, even though she hadn't spoken to him yet, Paul still seemed his lovely and passionate self. Amelia tried her hardest to focus on the film and songs, which she enjoyed immensely, but she just couldn't wait any longer to talk to Paul. Even though the film was very entertaining she couldn't help her mind day dreaming of what might happen later. After changing various sitting positions for nearly two hours, the film drew to a close and a round of applause erupted leaving no time for her to hang around.