•Part 28•

October 7th 1965

It took almost three days for her mother to a adjust to what had happened, she started talking again which she had stopped probably due to the pure shock. But Amelia was still glad that she had done what she did as it had changed her mother for the better.

They now got along and so did Paul. Amelia ended up going to the studio with Paul and saw the behind the scenes of their next album Rubber Soul, which will be released in December.  It was mesmerising how each of the boys worked in their own way yet collaboratively at the same time. Just as Paul had promised, they recorded Eleanor Rigby. John absolutely loved the song and he told him how much work Amelia had actually put into it. And he was impressed, they all were.

Of course she couldn't sing on the recording but she helped with the conduction of the orchestra, that was usually Paul's job, which made her feel more useful. However, George Martin had to break it to her that her name wouldn't be credited in the song as she wasn't an official artist or composer which Paul thought was outrageous. She didn't mind so much as it was already a privilege to her to be there.

She was now sat at the top of the bed with her knees up and reading a book. She peered over the top and through her glasses at Paul who was sat with a notepad and pen on the end of the bed. He made a few frustrated grunts every now and then making her distracted from her literature so she placed the bookmark correctly in place and laid on her front next to him.

"How is the track listing coming along" she asked looking at him.

He sighed "well everything seems to fit perfectly apart from Eleanor Rigby" he said.

"Let me see" she asked again. He handed her the scruffy and crossed out list of songs which she knew almost off by heart from the amount of time she spent in the studio.

"Mmm" she thought "you're right" she said handing it back to him. "How about we save it for another time?" She suggested.

He looked down at her "are you sure?" He asked looking back at the list.

"Yes. If it doesn't fit with this album maybe it will fit with the next?" She said and he nodded trusting her.

"Ok. Well do that" he said and closed the notebook "thank you" he said kissing her lips softly.

"No problem" she said kissing him back. They laid next to each other on Paul's large bed in his apartment. There was a moment of quiet leaving Amelia space to think.

"I have an idea" she said jumping off the bed and making it bounce.

She rushed to the record collection at the opposite end of the room where all their favourite music was now stored. Amelia would spend the majority of her time at his place due to it being within walking distance of the newspaper headquarters.

Bill Haley and his Comets? We listened to them yesterday. Elvis? Yes but not today.

Buddy Holly and the Crickets? Now we're talking!

She whipped out the vinyl and placed it onto the turntable. She watched it spin until the first song started and sprung up to dance.

"Good choice!" Paul said enthusiastically and nodded whilst she smiled.

The record continued as they danced and sang together and Paul would pick his guitar up to try and work out the song by ear. Amelia would correct him too, often arguing weather the chord was an B minor or a E minor, until they had the whole song. When the album progressed to the more slower songs they'd sit back and reminisce or dance slowly.

"It's a shame isn't it" she said leaning on the edge of the bed again.

"What is?" He said reading the back of the record cover.

"That he died so young" she said thinking about him.

She really enjoyed his music and one day she turned on the radio to hear one of the saddest stories she'd ever heard. In her opinion anyway. Amelia didn't deny the fact that she cried for the majority of that evening as her father sat with her. He understood her pain as he had introduced him to her. Buddy was a true rock and roll idol and could never be replaced by any 50s artist or band. Paul wrapped his arms around her waist as he lit a cigarette.

"Paul! What have I told you about smoking in the bedroom!" She said as he puffed a cloud of smoke.

"I know I know, sorry" he said and walked to kitchen and she followed.

"What shall we have for dinner?" She asked sitting on top of the counter like a child.

"Am I cooking?" He said looking in a cupboard.

"Indeed" she replied "I cooked yesterday".

"How could I forget!" He joked.

"It was actually really nice!" She said laughing.

"How about roast lamb" he suggested.

"Ok" she smiled "but we don't have any lamb"

"Oh" he said and they laughed.

"Don't worry" she said jumping off the counter and grabbing his keys "I'll get some" she said sighing.

"I'll come with you" he said surprising her as he followed her to the door.

"Are you sure? You don't mind being spotted or anything like that?" She questioned for reassurance.

"It's fine Lia" he gave her a quick kiss "I love you".

"I love you too" she said smiling and truly meaning every word.

"Let's go!!!" Paul yelled extravagantly climbing into his car.