•Part 6•

September 15th 1963

Amelia was granted the approval for taking some photographs with Wills guidance for an article and had a few ideas in mind that she had planned the day before. She had almost completely forgotten about the concert and it didn't seem to bother her at all. She stood in the warm morning breeze as her ponytail moved elegantly in her strides. She checked her watch as she waited patiently for Will to meet her outside and a few minutes later he rushed out with various camera equipment.

"Sorry" he apologised "am I late?" He said checking his own watch.

"No in fact your just on time!" She said smiling "shall we" she said gesturing towards Leicester Square and they strolled to the centre.

"So where are we going first?" Will asked intrigued.

"Do you know any good record stores near by?" She asked out of the blue.

"Indeed, there's one just down this street on the left called 'Tuckers'" he said pointing to a long stretch of random shops.

"Brilliant, that's where we are going then" she said and they turned onto the street.

'Tuckers Record Store' read in bright yellow and burgundy letters making it stand out from the rest of the shops. When they entered it was surprisingly busy compared to the record store Amelia was used to.

"In The lanes, the record store is practically empty every time I go there" she said slowly walking around looking at the different vinyls stacked up.

"Do you go there often?" Will asked in close proximity as somebody passed through with a rather large box.

"Oh yes, at least 5 times a week. Well I used to until I went to university and got this job" she said sighing.

Amelia loved walking around Brighton and looking through all the unique shops in the lanes. But none were quite as special as the record store. Her best friend Susan worked there and she would see her almost everyday after school to purchase a new single for her to broaden her musical knowledge. Even though Susan was 2 years older than her, they got along with each other immensely. She was almost like her big sister. Sadly she hadn't seen her in months as Susan was traveling the world with her boyfriend and was probably in a foreign country in the middle of nowhere. Amelia had no way of contacting her and she missed Susan greatly. She had to stop her thoughts in case she became emotional.

"How did you know about this place they have everything here!" She said flicking through some of The Osmond Brothers singles they had done on the Andy Williams show in America.

"I come here all the time, usually when I'm worked up about something" he said laughing nervously.

"Ok this will do" she said resting her weight on her right leg as she placed her hand on her chin thinking.

She instructed him to take a photograph of a small stack of classical music vinyls with composers such as Chopin and Tchaikovsky. He did as she instructed and then asked him to take one from another angle showing all the huge piles of modern music.

"I think that will be great" she said satisfied.

"I like your style" he said and she smiled at his compliment.

Then she walked to the other side of the store to a young couple looking at some of The Beatles singles. She asked them if it was ok if they could take a picture of them and they were delighted.

"Thank you for your help" Amelia said.

"No problem, what are the photographs for?" The girl asked, she was small framed and pretty.

"I've written an article for The London Post, and if these photographs turn out great then you will be in my first published article" she said smiling and they smiled back in excitement.

Once they left Amelia discreetly flicked through the different singles from the new group. She picked up the "Love Me Do" single which was the last one left and, according to Shelia, was the record that made them famous. She gently placed her thin fingers across the record sleeve as if it was sacred, little did she know that it would be in the future. She flipped over the cover and read the description getting totally lost in the words of the song on the back.

"Are you going to buy that?" Will said snapping her away from her thoughts.

There was a long pause, "what if I became a total fangirl?" "This could ruin my career!" "All My articles would just about how good looking they're like all the other tabloids out there" she thought.

She placed the record back in its place and said "No, I was just browsing" and Will nodded but he secretly knew that it was more than that.

When they were finished Amelia checked her watch as they walked back into the busyness of the town and noticed it was nearly lunch time.

"I'm going to go get my pastie and pop in to see my friend, you're welcome to join me" she said standing outside the bakery.

"I'd love to" he said and they strolled in.

"Amelia!" Shelia said hugging her over the counter.

"Shelia! This is William, he works for The London Post as well. He writes the sports articles" she said proudly as Shelia shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you. Im actually helping Amelia take photos for her newest article" he said.

"Oh yes about classic music? I was hoping that it would be about the Beatles concert tonight but unfortunately not" she said just as disappointed as Amelia.

They talked some more until Will said that he had to leave to publish the photos and he left just her and Shelia.

"He is so handsome!" She said as she prepared my pastie.

"I know!" Amelia replied guiltily.

"Obviously not as good looking as John though" she said winking and handing over her lunch.

She told her about the record she had just purchased and Shelia was delighted and shocked that there was even one left in the store considering their popularity. They talked until lunch time was up and Amelia headed straight back to the headquarters.