•Part 10•

November 5th 1963

"You ACTUALLY spoke to them!" Shelia said practically yelling.

"Shh keep it down!" Amelia said calming her down.

"But you did talk to them right?" She said her eyes wide.

"Yes and..." she said but paused realising what happened last night.

"And what? You've done more than that?" She said leaning over wanting to know more.

"Well... I may... have had... a... slight conversation with Paul, but it was nothing honestly" Amelia said dismissing the matter.

"Amelia! You had a chat with THE Paul McCartney!! I thought you were just interviewing him?" She said shocked.

"Well I did but then he told me his passion for music and I just related so much that I couldn't stop talking to him. And then the rest of them came over and George said something, I can't really remember" she paused again in a trance.

"He bought me a drink" Amelia mumbled.

"What?" Sheila said unable to make out what she was saying.

"Paul, he bought me a drink. Not one but two, two drinks!" Amelia said in disbelief.

"Do you think he was trying to get me drunk?" She said realising the situation.

"Well considering you were only talking about music and nothing else interesting I don't think so" she said looking at her smiling.

Amelia took a deep breath trying to contain herself.

"Anyway, their performance was brilliant! And they are so talented it's unbelievable!" Amelia continued as if nothing had happened.

"Wasn't John beautiful?" She asked.

"Indeed. I mean they all were, but I'm not really into that sort" Amelia said forcing herself not to think about her intimate conversation with Paul. She refused to tell anyone about the Till There Was You situation either thinking that she must've had a little too much champagne.

"Anyway, I must go. I need to publish some photographs and write the article. I'll see you same time tomorrow" Amelia finished with and said goodbye to Sheila.

She quickly checked her watch, she had 15 minutes spare. She stood in the middle of the hustle and bustle of London deciding what route to take. She walked towards the place that made her feel most safe and calm to pass the time.

"Afternoon" a gentleman at the counter said as she pushed through the door of Tuckers.

She started to skim through all the records that she was familiar with until she reached the dreaded Beatles section. It was like she was addicted, she loved them but felt awkward talking about them after what happened the night before. Soon, she noticed a relatively tall figure standing on her right also looking through records. He seemed oddly familiar but she couldn't make him out so she tilted her head discreetly. It was Paul. Her mouth almost fell open in shock but she kept it together. At this hour the store was usually empty which made it seem ok that he was there. He was wearing a large coat with the collar turned up and a hat. Amelia quickly snapped back trying to make herself invisible as her palms began to sweat. She kept her eyes firmly on the records even though she wasn't reading them.

"You know, I'm meant to be in disguise" he said making her jump and moved closer without her noticing. He had swiftly removed his hat.

"Oh I didn't notice" she said still looking down.

"What are you doing here?" She continued.

"Probably the same thing as you, finding music and trying to escape reality. But not looking at my own records" he said peering over her shoulder noticing what she was looking at.

"Oh... I wasn't... I was just... browsing" she said lifting her hand off the Love Me Do single and moved along, he followed keeping his gaze on her.

"I really enjoyed last night you know" he said trying to make eye contact and keep the awkward conversation.

"Why are you so interested in me? There's millions of girls who would throw themselves at you and you're talking to me?" She said finally facing him saying her thoughts out loud and rather snappy but added a smile on the end to not cause a scene.

"Sorry... I'm just not used to this kind of attention" she said turning back.

"No I get it. I mean I just think it's great that you have a passion for music as great as me" he said understanding.

"Look. I'm not going to lie, last night was absolutely wonderful but I can't get caught up in stuff like this" Amelia said looking back at him with an apologetic look.

"But Why?" He said searching for an answer.

"Because... I hardly know you! And I have a job and a life and a family" she said and his face fell.

"And I don't?" He said laughing slightly.

"No that's not what I meant" she said and picked up her soft hands.

"I know I'm only joking, please just let me see you one last time. Tonight. I'm only here until tomorrow and them I'm off to Germany for a few weeks" he said pleading her.

There was a long pause and thankfully the record store was still empty. What would her parents think if they found out what she was getting up to? She'd be banished. They thought the Beatles were bad boys causing trouble and taking advantage of females. But Paul didn't seem to meet those expectations. He seemed genuine and kindhearted. But her parents' thoughts got the better of her.

"I'm really sorry Paul" she said walking out of the record store and pushing that significant memory to the back of her mind leaving a very sad and confused man alone in a pile of vinyls.