•Part 19•

August 5th 1965

As Amelia explained how much Karen had improved Davids positivity and general state, John became drastically sour until he started throwing random objects around the bedroom turning into red rage. With a mighty yell he threw a vase into the wall directly in front of him which thankfully was no where near her and Paul. She covered her ears as she watched him unleash his anger, but she managed to stay calm. Amelia was now immune to violence and anger thanks to Will. Suddenly John hauled the table next to the bed, tossing the lamp shade up into the air, almost landing on Amelia, and dragging it by its leg as if it was a person.

"Woah woah woah! John!" Paul said jumping to his feet before he could go any further "put the table down! I think you've damaged enough stuff! Brian's gonna be so mad" He laughed and they scanned the room looking at all the broken pieces of furniture.

"Anyway, she gone now John! You don't need to see her again" she said as Paul sat him down on the large bed.

"Tell me about this place? Who's house is this?" She asked gazing at the detailed ceiling trying to distract John.

"It's our mangers', Brian Epstein, house. Well his London one. This is just a spare bedroom I guess" John said and turned his red raw hands over and sighed "look at the state of me! Aunt Mimi would not be proud" he said and laughed slightly brightening up the mood.

"Oh Lennon! Here let me patch you up, after all I am a clarified nurse!" She said pulling out a tissue from her bag and Paul looked at her.

"Really?" He said with his eyebrows high.

"Well, according to my mother! She taught me very well" Amelia said walking over to the basin to dampen the tissue.

She took his sore hands and dabbed the blood.

"Ow!" John pretended to wince.

"Oh be quiet!" She said getting onto her knees and cleaning the wound.

Paul watched feeling a bit awkward so he looked at the pictures on the wall to make himself useful. Secretly he could feel the jealousy creep up on him but quickly distracted himself by looking at the scenery paintings.

"There you are sir! Now go careful, I don't want to have to see you again" she said putting on an extremely exaggerated posh doctor accent.

"Oh yes indeed" He replied and flopped down onto the bed letting out another tired sigh.

"So did you enjoy the film?" Paul finally came up with.

"Yes surprisingly" she said smirking.

"Why surprisingly?" He said slightly confused.

"Well considering the fact you were incredibly stoned the majority of the time, I found it quite amusing" she said changing her smirk into a smile.

"Right" he said kissing his teeth "i enjoyed making it anyway" he continued and crossed his arms proudly smirking.

"Where's my f****** lighter man!" John yelled rummaging through his pockets as he emptied the contents of them. Amelia tensed at the curse word and knew that her mother would go ballistic if she found out she was around someone like him.

"John calm down!" Paul said pulling one out of his own pocket "use mine mate" and threw it over to him.

He quickly lit a cigarette and tossed the lighter back to Paul who had placed one in his mouth. He held one out for Amelia but she refused, imagining what her mother would say to her, and he understood nodding holding the lighter close to the cigarette. He blew long and hard as if it was a large sigh of relief. She tried her best not to cough as John blew directly in her face on purpose making her swish her arms vigorously. They laughed realising how petty she was acting.

"What we gonna do now?" Paul asked tapping the cigarette into a near by ash try on the dressing table.

"Go back down to the party? They're probably wondering where you are" Amelia said peering through the smokey atmosphere.

"I am not going there if Karen is" John said finally stubbing out the lifeless cylinder.

"She won't be after what Amelia did" Paul said copying him and chuckling to himself causing her to smiled.

They all stood, took a deep breath and headed back down to the party. As soon as Amelia entered the hall she could feel a least a hundred eyes on her, and not for a good reason, but she held her head high and smiled at guests she passed. The crowd shrugged and carried on with their conversations. Paul and John followed her lead as they introduced her to George Martin, their producer.

"It's such a pleasure to meet you!" Amelia said shaking his hand. He was impressed at the fact that she held her hand out first.

"Id like to say the same to you" he said back.

"You've read my articles?" She said shocked that he even had time to read.

"Indeed. They are truly the best I've ever read, and not just because they are about music, but the creativity and casualness to your style is just incredible" he said honestly mesmerised.

Amelia gave a glance at Paul not knowing what to do and he nodded confirming his comment.

"Well I think what you've done with their talent is just remarkable!" She said astonished and he thanked her great fully.

They talked some more until George was called from another party member and left saying goodbye. John had gone off with another lad which left Amelia and Paul together once again.

"Drink?" He asked handing her another gin and orange.

"Thank you" she said taking a sip. It was rare that she had alcohol as her mother was worried of her becoming a drunken but she loved the buzz it gave her.

"Let's go to the dance floor!" Paul said pulling her arm in the opposite direction.

"Wait what? Where!" She said confused but excited.

"Come on! Just over here, they just play our music and other 60s rockers. It's brilliant! I know you're a good dancer let's go" he said practically dragging her but she gave in, she did love dancing.