•Part 30•

October 9th 1965

"AMELIA! PAUL! WAKE UP!"

A frantic voice rang through the house and into their bedroom waking them up earlier than expected. It was a bank holiday Monday and their pair had hoped for a lie in which had now been rudely sabotaged.

"PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR ITS URGENT!"

The voice through the letter box became increasingly louder and familiar as Amelia stepped nearer the front door, it was Shelia.

"Do you want the whole town to know where Paul lives!" She whispered finally opening the door as a very out of breath and damp Shelia stumbled into the house without an invitation.

"What's going on?" Paul said wrapping his dressing gown around him.

"Look at this" she said unfolding what looked like a newspaper onto the kitchen table.

Amelia already had her glasses on whereas Paul had to fetch his from the cabinet. They glanced at the paper and it didn't take them long to recognise who was on the cover.

"Brilliant!" Paul laughed walking away to the kettle and Amelia smiled reading the caption.

"Young delinquents Paul McCartney and his acquaintance rampage through local supermarket" she giggled and so did Paul, the pair found it hysterical.

"When did this happen?" Shelia asked shocked at their reaction and sort of disgusted.

"Saturday. It probably says in the article" she said turning to the main column. Her eyes lit up spotting her name in various sections.

"I didn't even bother reading it. I just saw you two on the front and bolted up here" she said joining her.

"What does it say?" Paul asked bringing over three cups of tea.

Amelia cleared her throat "Paul McCartney and supposedly his girlfriend Amelia Jordan took to their local supermarket for a shopping rampage" they all laughed. "How did they even know my name?"

"Keep going!" Paul laughed and she continued.

"The pair were seen grabbing food items left right and centre in a race against Beatles fans by shouting, throwing random edible packages and over paying at the cashier." They laughed again.

"Who wrote this?" She asked flicking back to the title page "The Daily Mirror? How amusing" she said realising the rivalry between newspaper companies.

She was suddenly thrown back to Saturday to the flash and run of the photographer. Quickly, she turned back to the article where photos of herself and Paul were shown running with the trolley. Finally she found what she was searching for. That very photograph she knew was going to be printed of them kissing by his car. She read the photographers name, Karen Lilly.

"I knew it" she whispered.

"What?" Paul asked and she pointed to her name.

"That very photo was on most of the covers outside of the corner shops and in the market" Sheila informed them.

"Revenge" he said.

"Indeed. She must've been payed tones for that. I should've seen it coming" she said smiling slightly at her cunningness.

"What are you going to do?" Shelia asked.

"Well, hopefully Mr Miles accepts the fact that this happened. He already knows about our relationship anyway" she said closing the paper.

"Really?" Paul said not recollecting even meeting the man.

"Yes. He was the one who put me on that assignment remember? It was inevitable he said" she told him.

"And there it's certain that Will will notice and probably feel jealous" Shelia realised and Amelia nodded in agreement.

There was a pause as they stared at the paper "well, at least everyone knows now" Paul said taking the paper and placing it on top of the cabinet where he kept his glasses.

"I'd better be off, my uncle still wants the bakery to be open" she said as she was shown to the door.

"That's not fair" Amelia said disagreeing.

"I know, at least I finish early" she said "Goodbye love birds" she whistled and walked back to the bakery.

Finally, they were alone at last. They didn't have to say but they knew that her mother was not going to be pleased. As much as Amelia found it hilarious, she also felt that she was going to cause quite a stir and couldn't help but feel nervous.

"Do you think the fans will hate me?" She said tightening herself around Paul's waist.

"I hope not. If they do then that's their problem not yours!" He started and leaned back to look into her eyes "besides, they can't be true fans if they care more about our relationships than the music".

She thought hard about what he said. Considering Paul wasn't that much older than Amelia, he was incredibly wise for his age. It was also more incredible due to the fact that he could certainly act quite immature at times, especially with the band, but those times were what made Amelia be at her purest self. She didn't care about what she looked like or how she was going to be persevered.

She was just living in the moment.