•Part 42•

August 22 1966

Even when she left for New York, the panic was still subsiding in her stomach worried that she was going to have an emotional breakdown from everything that was going on. She was exhausted, pressured for the article, stressed from the band, angry from the crowd, missing her family and the constant traveling didn't help at all with this. But she was had a glimpse of hope that she'd held on to tightly since the beginning of the tour. New York was the place she had dreamt of going to and finally she was here. They had all arrived a day early for sight seeing which Amelia was particularly excited for.

She made a mental reminder to take more photographs of the performance the following day. This meant that she'd probably have to go out into the crowd without being crushed or hurt. However, she was determined for the challenge and these pictures where going to sell the story with them.

"Paul I can't even express my excitement for today" she said bouncing around the plane almost causing it to wobble.

"Me too! I've always been around with the boys so it will be nice to just spend some quality sight seeing with you" he said chuckling at her.

"Remind me to buy a coffee! I really want to be a coffee in New York, it's been one of my priorities for when I go there" she said now pacing a little frantically.

"Ok? You don't even like coffee" he said escalating his chuckle to a laugh.

"I know but apparently it tastes completely different" she said smiling.

"It's expensive alright" George said joining in.

"It's fine, I've been saving" she said dramatically sighing as she plopped back into her plane seat.

"Lia, have a rest so that your fully energised for later love" Paul said caressing her smooth cheek.

"You're right" she said sinking down into her seat and cuddling close to him "Goodnight Pauline" and he kissed her forehead as she closed her eyes.

As soon as she woke she knew that they had arrived, partially because they had landed but she could sense it before she even opened her eyes.

"We are here!" She exclaimed as the door opened.

But suddenly the excitement sank when she noticed the dreaded crowd once again. She was beginning to think that she was permanently overwhelmed by this situation and was never going to overcome it. Paul took her hand, already noticing the fear she so desperately wanted to hide from him, and led her out of the plane not losing contact for even a second.

Amelia closed her eyes, knowing that she was in safe keeping, trying to block out all that was around her so she could make it to the car once again. She felt the door handle and quickly got in letting out a large breath she didn't realise she was holding. She now relaxed into the surroundings of the road.

But soon they were back in the chaos and engulfed by traffic. The noise was horrendous and seemed to heighten every minute. However, it was nothing compared to the feeling she received previously with the crowd of hysterical and demanding people. She opened the window and leaned out once the taxi had come to a halt.

It seemed to last for miles and miles and as far as she could see. She soon realised that they weren't going to be arriving at the hotel anytime soon and not even close to having enough time to have a look around.

"We aren't going to be able to site see, are we" she said in a low and quiet voice.

Paul looked at her with misery and there was nothing he could do about the situation " I'm so sorry Lia" he said rubbing her close as she leaned against him for comfort.

"It's ok" she whispered holding back the tears, this trip meant so much to her and it was the only thing that was keeping her going besides Paul. But as much as she felt devastated she knew she'd feel worse if he felt bad for her so she contained herself.

Paul did promise her. Every time she asked, even before the tour had started, he'd always say yes. She began to wonder if Paul did want to take her in the first place, was she a burden? Perhaps on top of everything else, this was influencing her thoughts negatively.

Amelia closed her eyes and dreamt of what the day may have been like. She was good at dreaming, one of her talents she'd consider, and used it as an escape. Paul however felt guilt rising up throughout his body and didn't have the authority to push it away. It was heavy and physically weighed him down. Leaning his head on the window, he thought about how much Amelia had wanted to see New York but now she was just looking through the glass at a view. Paul also was looking forward to spending some time away from everyone else and felt as if Amelia and himself weren't connecting the same as usual and stress seemed to intercept in any moment of closeness.

Oddly, he felt proud of her all of a sudden. She had never done anything of this sort and considering it was tougher than usual she was handling it well. There have been times where he thought she would just crack completely but managed to stay together.

That's what he saw anyway.

Amelia felt the definition of blue. Low and miserable like a stubborn five year old who didn't get her own way. Yet, she tried to hide it because she knew that Paul would feel dreadful. He matched her emotions perfectly even though they were both unaware of it. So their coping mechanisms decided to fall asleep to easy the sadness which may seem dramatic but the trip was extremely important to both of them.

This book just hit 2k reads!!!
THANK YOU ❤️❤️