Chapter Seven

Carter's Point of View

"We have to escape," I whispered, tears rolling down my cheeks. I was so scared, I felt like I was going to pass out.

"What's your plan then?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know! I just don't want to be here any longer," I looked around, cautiously.

"I'm just going to stay here and await death." He sat down and leant against the wall. I ran a hand through my hair and stared at the end of the tunnel. As things turned to silence, I could hear a faint sound of sirens.

"Do you hear the sirens?" I asked him. Once I had gotten no answer, I turned around, jumping at the proximity of our faces. "Weren't you just sitting down?" I stared at the long, bloody scar under his left eye, wondering how I hadn't seen it before.

"Yes, and now I'm standing," He smiled, but it soon faded when he realized the sirens were becoming louder and louder. I glanced over my shoulder, the red and blue lights flashing at the end of the tunnel. "What the hell?" He whispered. Suddenly, the car flashed its beams into the tunnel and I almost thought for sure I had become blind.

"It's help!" I told Harry, covering my eyes from the light.

"No it isn't," He stated, grabbing my wrist and dragging me deeper into the tunnel.

"Let go of me, Harry! They came to save us!" I shouted at him. His grip only tightened as I glanced to see what was in front of him. I had never seen a thing like this. It looked like two parts in a tunnel, one side was darkness, and the other was light. On the dark side stood the monsters, the demons, the creatures. On the light side, stood two human beings facing fear and pure reality.

I couldn't find the voice in me to speak up. I watched as a pale white hand slowly appeared from the darkness, reaching out to grab Harry and I. "Come," The voice whispered in such a non-human tone. I glanced at Harry, his eyes still fixed on the hand. I could tell he was going to reach for it.

"Harry, d-don't-" I was cut off by a human voice shouting behind us.

"Put your hands up where I can see them!"

My eyes widened as I turned around and slowly raised my hands. A flashlight was shone on us and I panicked once again. Harry didn't turn around; he only stared at the darkness.

"Harry," I whispered, nudging him; he didn't budge at all. He curled his fists and began to breathe heavily.

"Turn around and put your hands up, boy!" The officer shouted, harshly. Harry didn't obey the officer's order. His eyes were shut tight and he roughly spoke up.

"Why don't you c'mere and cuff me. After all, I am who you are looking for."

My eyes widened and I watched the officer shake his head. "Why don't you listen to me and put your hands up?"

"I can't," Harry gritted his teeth. The officer had no choice but to raise his gun and take small, cautious steps toward us. He spoke some code into his walkie talkie and continued to get closer.

"Turn around," The officer demanded. He stood in front of me, pointing his gun at Harry's bare back-which appeared to have many scratches all around. Now that everything was bright and I could fully see, I had noticed small tattoos on his upper arm.

"What if I don't?" Harry asked.

"I am fully loaded with a taser and a gun. I suggest you do as I say."

"Can I feel the taser? Guns don't affect me that much anymore." He carried so much sarcasm, it was starting to freak me out, as weird as it sounded.