Chapter Thirty

If there are any boys in the room, please make yourself present to us.

*Hears a Cricket From Outside, Thinking It's a Boy*

Whispers to each other, "Did you get that on tape?"
_____________________

Carter's Point of View

"Harry," I whispered, shaking his shoulder. He groaned, not even bothering to open his eyes. "Harry," I repeated, desperately.

"What?" He grumbled, pulling the covers up more.

"I-I think someone's downstairs." As soon as the few words escaped my mouth, he shot out of the bed, a hard look replacing the previous calm expression. He looked over at me, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I heard a loud bang," I whispered, still wondering how he could have slept through it.

"Shit," He whispered, pacing around the room in search for what I'm guessing was a weapon for defense. "Fuck this, I'll just beat the shit outa him. Stay here and don't you dare move," He instructed before disappearing out my bedroom door. He was only in a pair of boxers and I had pulled on a sweatshirt before falling asleep last night. His absence left me frightened and unsafe, even if he was only downstairs, checking for any burglar. My own room gave me an eerie and uncomfortable feeling; so I quickly went against Harry's demand and scurried out of my room.

I quietly raced down the stairs and searched for Harry. It was dark and quiet, which immediately made me regret ever leaving my dang room. I wanted to call out for Harry, but I didn't want to capture another troublesome's attention.

"Fucking hell!" I heard a whisper, nearly sending my flying in the air. I turned and spotted Harry. "I told you stay in the room," He growled, pulling me quite close to him.

"I felt uncomfortable alone," I mumbled, making him sigh in anything but contentment.

"You are a piece of work sometimes," He stated, tightening his grip at the sudden flash coming from outside.

"Please don't tell me that's the-"

"Fuck. It's the police." He cut me off.

"But what are they doing at my house?" I exclaimed, giving him a crazy look. He stalked towards the window and looked out.

"They're checking every damn house."

A sudden bang echoed throughout my house. It was familiar to the one that had woken me in the middle of the night.

"Go, we have to go upstairs," He stated, pulling me up the steps with him. They repeatedly banged the door, not giving up until it was opened. Harry slammed my bedroom door shut before he locked it.

"What do we do?" I questioned. He took a moment to ponder before a sudden smirk pulled at his lips. He pointed to my window, just as my eyes widened.

"No! Harry, no!" I furiously shook my head, only causing him to chuckle.

"Sorry, darling," He smirked, grabbing my waist and pulling me towards my window.

"They're going to catch us if we run," I told him.

"Not if they don't see us," He replied, swinging his right leg out the window. "C'mere," He motioned for me to come closer. I didn't have much time to think as loud crash erupted from downstairs. Harry held out his hand and I was quick to grab it. He helped me climb out the window and followed soon after.

"Ow, ow, ow," I whispered, finding it more and more painful to walk.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, expression full of worry.