Chapter Seventeen

Hiya!
___________________________

Carter's Point of View

He stared at the wall, as I stared at him. I watched as his fists clenched and his jaw tightened. "They were taking me to prison," His voice had gotten deeper, the more he spoke. "They took a few tests. What can I say; I was addicted to whores and drugs." A small smirk started to pull at his lips as I dropped my gaze. "Now, now," He whispered, grabbing a hold of my jaw and lifting my head up.

His leaned forward and I had no choice but to gaze at the sparks of fire he held in his dark eyes. "Don't pout, my darling."

"I wasn't pouting," I mumbled, embarrassment creeping up on me. Was I really pouting? He suddenly chuckled and leaned even closer, so that our noses were nearly touching.

"I hope you haven't forgotten the burn on your hand," His eyebrows furrowed as he grabbed my hand and touched the burn. I winced as it slightly stung.

"I haven't," I whispered.

"Good," He stated a bit harshly. "Now, you won't fucking forget that you're mine, right?" He suddenly growled.

"N-No," I quickly spoke in a stutter. The very well known smirk appeared once again and as oddly as it sounds, he turned and walked away. I stood there, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion and shock. The small ball of fire that lit up at the bottom of the wall slowly dragged my attention towards it. I walked closer to it, my eyes flickering over to find Harry, but he had managed to disappear without my notice.

I knelt down, staring as the fire started to rise. It brought tears to my eyes, the heat stiffening my face. I reached out to touch it, wanting to strangely feel the pain it could bring to my shaky hand.

"Don't touch it," I heard a whisper. "Do you think he would like to come back to a dead girl laying in fire?"

"Do it," The different tone caused me to flinch. But, where did Harry go? I'm going crazy already and it hasn't been five minutes since he had wandered off. "End your life and this will all go away. You will be safe in heaven with God. He will protect you from that horrid monster."

"He's not a monster," I whispered to myself. No matter how hard I tried to convince myself he wasn't, a bigger part of me insisted he was. The black eyes, the mark on my hand, the burning building. He creates fire, he finds joy in harming things.

"Face it, doll," The angry voice chuckled. "He's the devilish monster."

"No, no, no," I clenched my teeth, staring at the fire as if it were creating the voices.

"Go ahead, touch it."

The tips of my fingers burned as it moved inches closer to the fire. Suddenly, my whole arm started to excruciatingly sting. I gasped and attempted to extinguish the fire moving up my arm.

"Help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping Harry heard it. I furiously shook my arm until it started to spread to my chest. "Please," I cried in a panicky voice.

"Oops," I heard the same voice laugh as I struggled. I couldn't feel my arm, it felt so numb. And soon, I could no longer feel my shoulders. I backed away, tripping over my numb feet.

"Harry!" I yelled once more, the fire burning my entire body. I couldn't bare with the pain any longer. Just before I felt my eyes closing, the fire immediately vanished. I heard yelling as I felt like something was carefully moving my body. I slightly opened my heavy eyes, meeting a bloody chest.

I tilted my head an inch and realized who was holding me. We seemed to be moving, or running. His gaze was focused in front of us, but he would glance down at me for only a mere second. My head slowly moved until I couldn't move it further as I felt more and more of the seething pain. We weren't in the tunnel; we were surrounded by trees.

Through my blurry vision, I could see a small land of blue. I fought to keep my eyes open, hearing more faint yelling. I thought it was over for me, my nineteen years of living had come to a dead halt. But, the thought quickly slipped from my mind when I felt as if my body was laying in a tub full of ice. My eyes shot open, my body throbbing in pain.

My eyes stung as I opened my mouth to breathe, only receiving water to fill in my lungs. Something pulled me up as I desperately gasped for air, continuously coughing. I was laying in a little river, Harry sitting beside it. I began to cry and cry.

"I was gonna die," I cried. "I didn't want to die, Harry," I told him truthfully.

"You weren't gonna die," He whispered, slowly pulling me out of the river. He carried me over to a big tree, setting me down so that my back was against it. I shook my head and stared at him.

"I can't feel my arms. I can't feel anything," I whispered, staring into his black eyes. My chin trembled as I furiously shook.

"You're going to be ok, I promise," He mumbled, sitting next to me. It took a wide long silence and over a few minutes for my heart to beat steadily.

"We aren't in the tunnel," I softly spoke, my body still aching. Every time I moved the slightest, it would bring more unwanted pain.

"Yeah," He sighed, running a stressful hand through his hair. "Do you feel any better?" He asked.

"Kind of," I mumbled, lifting my arm to stare at my red and purple hand.

"That's good," He said, showing a hint of uncomfortable as he sat stiff as a board.

"Do you feel ok?" I asked him. He stayed silent, letting out a long sigh. "Harry-"

"I want to kiss you," He blurted out. My eyes widened at the sudden outburst. It wasn't at all what I was expecting to hear from him. "I wanna fucking kiss you so badly, Carter."

"Are. . . Are demons allowed to k-kiss," I asked, nervously. My heart started to beat faster once again. His fists had tightened until they turned white.

"Are demons allowed to have feelings?" He shot back, staring at the smaller trees scattered in front of us.

"I-I don't know," I whispered.

He slowly turned his head until his was finally staring in the direction of where I sat. "Neither do I, just let me fucking kiss you," He growled before he cupped my face in his dry bloody hands. He pulled my face closer as I ignored the pain. Before I could think anything else, his lips slammed against mine, causing my eyes to flutter shut. I heard the sound if a fallen branch crash next to us, but I could only focus on the fact that he was kissing me.

He slid his tongue in my mouth, moving quickly. My stinging back pressed further into the tree as he continued to kiss me until we had run out of oxygen. I pulled away, slowly opening my eyes as his remained shut.

"You know," He breathed heavily. "That one shitty fairytale saying; a simple kiss can break a curse."

"Yeah," I furrowed my eyebrows. "And you believe it?" I held my gaze as he slowly opened his eyelids. I stared into his greens eyes, fascinated by the color and the fact that they were no longer dark.

"I do now."

___________________________
Authors Note -

Argh, did it suck? I hope it didn't !

» on Instagram, a girl was generous to make a fan-page account for this book :3 the user is, @/derangedfanficofficial

» it is NOT my account !! My account is, @/_makayla_xx