Chapter Twenty Two

Hashtag Creepy Harry. Wow that looks weeeeeeeirrrrrdddd.

I need my food, guys. :(

WHAT DA FLACK
__________________________________

Carter's Point of View

I walked down the long hall, inhaling and exhaling as I neared my destination.

"You may take a seat right there, ma'm," The kind man gestured towards a chair as I thanked him and walked towards it. I looked through the glass, hope rising in my chest. I swear, I thought I was going to cry once he peered in sight. He sat down and picked up the phone as I did the same.

"Hey," He spoke. My heart nearly leaped out of my chest; his voice sounding so deep and hoarse.

"Hey," I responded, giving him a little smile. As I examined his face more, I realized something was wrong. He squirmed in his seat and looked down. "I-I miss you," I told him. He glanced up and gazed into my eyes.

"I miss you too," He softy replied, looking back down. I wanted to tell him I could bail him out, that he didn't have to endure this place any longer, but I couldn't; because I, nor did my parents, have enough money to even go on a vacation trip.

"It's going to be ok," I mumbled, lifting my hand up to the plastic glass. I poked it before placing my palm on the glass. His looked up once again and the corner of his lips suddenly pulled. He stared at my palm before he slowly raised his and placed it on the glass, right in front of mine. My smile grew and he quietly chuckled.

Suddenly, he twitched in his seat and snapped his eyes shut. He pulled his hand off the glass and gripped onto the table.

"Are you ok, Harry?" I frantically asked, my moment of warmth suddenly turning to cold.

"I. . ." He began as he started to breath heavily. His eyes were shut tight, still not allowing me to stare into his green eyes. "I think you should go now, Carter," He breathed out. My eyes widened at his words.

"Are you ok?" I repeated, ignoring his demand.

"Ma'm, your time is up," The kind man from before tapped my shoulder, making me flinch.

"Oh," I whispered, standing up with the phone practically glued to my ear. "Harry."

"Yeah?" He whispered, not daring to open his eyes.

"I love you," I confessed into the phone. I watched his body tense, but his facial expression turned soft. I couldn't wait for a response, because the man had ordered me to put the phone back. I walked out the room, leaving him with my three words; ones I would never tell a single soul.

• • •

[No Point of View]

Locked in his cell, fear running through his veins; he could only think about her words. She loves him.

But, that could be beyond impossible, he thought. How could a girl such as her, love a man with a cold stoned heart such as his?

"Oh, God," He whispered, gripping onto his hair, pulling at it to stop himself from getting any more angrier. He knew what the consequence was to have given up on himself so easily. The devil doesn't play fair game. He takes what he wants, whenever he can. He's a cruel monster who could never regret.

Harry trailed towards the small mirror hanging from the wall. The bottom half had been chipped off, but he could see his face so perfectly. It shocked him as he stared at his right eye. It was completely black, but his left eyes was still very much green. He backed away and scoffed.