Chapter Twenty Six

Can you please stop complaining about who I chose to play Carter. It's my fanfiction, I shouldn't be told I'm wrong for choosing Kristen Stewart.

I'm a bit sad, the fact that someone actually thought it was ok to say, 'Kristen Stewart is too ugly'. The only ugly thing here is that dusty brain of yours. Search, Kristen Stewart with blonde hair, then keep that image in your dusty brain and move on instead of complaining. I appreciate it, thanks. :/ (I'm trying not to sound mean. I'm just a bit mad is all)
_________________________

Carter's Point of View

I suddenly woke up to the sound of yelling. I lifted my head and looked around my room, no Harry in sight. I stumbled out of bed and opened my bedroom door. I ran down the steps, frantically searching all around for Harry. Once I got to the kitchen, I stopped dead in my tracks.

"H-Harry," I spoke, watching as he lifted my dad by the collar. He looked at me and immediately dropped my dad. I gasped, my dad accidentally hitting his head on the marble counter before he fell to the ground. I rushed over to his unconscious body, glancing up at Harry in confusion and slight anger. "What happened?"

"He made you cry," He stated through his gritted teeth. "He hurt my angel's feelings."

"What were you going to do to him?"

He shrugged and walked over to me. "Hurt him."

"You can't just do that, Harry." I stood up and shook my head.

"Why not?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed in anger. I looked down, not bothering to answer. "I've only been here for a few hours and it seems like your shitty parents are pretty shitty."

"They're my parents," I tried to defend them, but who was I kidding. He was right. As I thought longer, I realized my mom wasn't here. "Where's my mom?" I quickly asked, looking back up. He turned away from me and avoided my question. "Harry," I spoke louder.

"Don't know," He shrugged again. I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. I looked out the window, noticing my mom's car was still in the driveway.

"Harry, tell me where she is," I demanded, watching as he walked out of the kitchen. He slowly raised his hand and pointed to the stairs. I immediately ran past him and jogged up the stairs, searching every single room. Once I got to the bathroom in the hall, I sighed and pushed it open.

"I didn't do it, Carter," Harry whispered, my eyes widening. "I swear."

"Oh my God," I covered my mouth, the tears clouding my eyes. I backed away until I bumped into Harry's chest. What I saw was something a human should never be able to witness. My mom laid in the bathtub, the water filled with her blood. Her eyes were open, but I knew she was gone.

My eyes shifted to the bloody words written on the wall above her; Two Sinners. I glanced over at Harry, an unreadable expression plastered on his face. As I looked at him, I noticed his chin trembling, his eyes watering.

"I didn't do that. He did," He whispered to me, afraid that I wouldn't believe him. I broke out into sobs, falling against him as he caught me. "I'll clean it, I promise, Carter."

"When will this end?" I cried out. He pulled me from the bathroom and brought me to my room. Gently, he set me on my bed, but I continued to cry out. It all seemed so surreal; I would wake up from a long nap and everything would disappear. But, I knew it was too real as Harry walked out of the room to do who-knows-what.

My eyes were shut tight, my fists clenched. My mom's gone, my dad's unconscious. Even if they never gave me the amount of care I needed as a child, they still meant something to me.